Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Full disclosure

After spending 4151 days working at statistic Canada as a programmer, I am ready for this day.... That is retirement day!

I worked at Tunney's pasture in Ottawa, building Jean-Talon, on the sixth floor. Here is a picture taken on sept 27th 2012.


For the one that doesn't know, Statistic Canada is a government agency that each year is recognize as one of the best employer in Canada.

I know that I will miss my co-workers (also known as my friends), but going from being an older employee to becoming a younger retiree was just one opportunity I couldn't resist.

Of course you might be asking yourself why to retire, let me show you by some pictures:


The above picture is the view from my cubicle when I am standing up... between the hanger there is a window that I can almost see.

Following is a view from my "new" office, I can see a mountain which is getting it’s fall blanket on, a lake where there is no motor boat allow. What can I say about those two ergonomics chairs. If that was not enough... a little wine is really acceptable around a nice fire.


What is really helping me to cope with the syndrome of quitting my working days is to be confident in my collegue and knowing that someone else can and will do my work...


Nooooooooooooo




4 comments:

  1. Happy retirement, pawpaw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't get seeing you today before you left! I did forget to sign the retirement card at work for you but had my own card to give you. I need your address now :-) You can get my email addy on my site.

    Anyhow, I read the email you sent at work today. You're going to miss me! Hahahahaha Happy retirement! It really won't be the same without you there. You were pretty well the only who would talk to me there anymore. Oh well, who needs people anyhow; I'll just start talking to myself more hehehehehe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine,

      I'll assume you are one of the gals at work... but it is so long ago, the faces are starting to fade away hahaha

      I think no one speaking to you because I told them that you had a really contagious disease... hey I like to keep good thing for myself :)))

      For my adress:
      Pink House
      Aylmer, QC
      HaH-AhA

      TheHotOne

      Delete
  3. The picture of your building after you've left has made me laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

    It was generous of you to allow a coworker to escape in a parachute. :D

    -WWE

    ReplyDelete