Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 2

Before writing about our day yesterday, some comments:

I changed the title of the blog. When I started to write this blogs, we had years ahead of us before the R day, however, we were lucky enough to retire this year. So in reality, we reached the end of our journey to retirement.

The new name is more reprensentative of what we will be doing. I didn't do any scientific research but I think that a speeding snail, even going down hill, doesn't rise much dust in its trail. I will really have to remember this often, going from a go-go life to a slow one is something that I will have to conquer.

Why will I write this blog?

The first and most important reason is to have our daughters sharing our journey. I think it's  the best way to bring them with us. We will try to do interesting things just for them so they don't drop us from their reading list. hahaha

I also want to have a journal, I forget so fast that having everything in writing will help me with my recollection of events, town, people, etc.

For a long time, I have been reading several blogs, I gained a lot of insight through them. This is a great way to share informations with a very large pool of persons that have common interest.

I also want to keep in contact with friends and family, I will have a facebook account so that I can see what they are up to...

Now for people who are new to the world of blog reading, when you click on a picture, a new window opens where you can see that same picture but in a larger size as well as all the other pictures from that posting. I like that.  Often, before even reading a post from the blogs I follow, I will go and check out the pictures in their bigger size.

At the end of each post, there is a comment section, I really enjoy every comments. This is a little like my pay for writing the blog. You don't have to have an account setup, there is an "anonymous" option available where you can write a comment. If you are "anonymous, could you write your first name at the end, it will help me with any response.

Back to regular programming...

Yesterday was just a perfect fall day. A lot of sun, not too cold, but cold enought that we had a good fire going for most of the afternoon, to warm us.

I went to the library, got a couple of books. I had a 1$ fine on my account because of a late returned book... Shame on me :), it's one thing that doesn't bother me at all, fine at the library. I always paid without arguing, most library don't have a budget that is excessive. For a small town like Val-des-Bois, they are providing a great service.

There was a lot of people at the camping that came to close their trailler. For winter, they have to blow all the water lines and pump antifreeze in those pipes and get all their stuff secure for the winter.

I went around to some of our friends to invite them for supper. So we ended up 7 people at the table. This is a little like the last meal... Fernand and Reina left last night, Jean and Suzanne are leaving this afternoon and Guy who came only for the day but stayed overnight is also leaving today.

Professional Retirees


Reina, Fernand and Christiane

Jean and Suzanne
Guy and Suzanne (because Nicole was not there :) )
 
We had a wonderfull time with a lot of laugh (and a lot of wine!). Hope every one has a great winter, see you next summer guys!


2 comments:

  1. I do have to say that Jean seems quite a catch! His blue shirt brings out is beautiful blue eyes. Too bad he seems happily married.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love the new name of the blog. I recognize the same great taste that was involved in naming your daughters!

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete