Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Feeding our dear guests

Yesterday, we had guests coming to our home; we didn’t have much food for them so I made a trip to the village to make sure to have something delicious and nutritive for them.
Once back to our place I realized I didn’t have a recipe book and there were no recipe on the bag so I improvised…
Ingredient: a 60 pounds bag of corn
Instruction:
Pour 3-4 pounds of corn in a basket 
Let cool down outside for 1 hour
At this time, I was starting to worry about the whole idea… should I add salt? What about Butter? After all, I always have salt and butter with MY corn!
But if you feed them, they will come.  Our first deer visitor showed up just when the corn was ready. A few minutes later, the second one arrived; they didn’t mind having to share the basket!
After a few pictures, they left, they forgot their manner and didn’t say thank you but we won’t hold a grudge… We still have over 55 pounds of corn for them!
Here's a joke we saw on a cartoon almost 30 years ago:
A man kills a deer and takes it home to cook for dinner.
Both he and his wife decide they won't tell the kids what kind of meat it is, but will give them a clue and let them guess.
The kids were eager to know what the meat was on their plates, so they begged their dad for the clue.
Well, he said, 'It's what mummy calls me sometimes'.

The little girl screams to her brother Willy: “Spit it out Willy, it's an asshole!” 

Look at that, even a small video this morning :)



Mium Mium!


Is that for me?


Wait for me!


2 heads are better than one!


I'll keep watch... 


Hey I think I heard a "click"



10 comments:

  1. Those dears look fat. Someone else must be feeding them.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT are you saying we have competition! I'll have to get them some apples, we'll see who is the best host :)

      Delete
    2. Feeding them apples will put you in the poor house. Apples are expensive in winter around here. I can barely afford to eat them myself, hahaha.
      JB

      Delete
    3. Julia if you ever come for a visit, I'll have apples just for you :)

      Delete
  2. So cute, Richard ... I love the picture you posted on Facebook! adorable! what a pretty sight to see! Great recipe... 60 pounds, eh

    TERRIBLE joke ... awful ~ bad ... hahaaaa !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn, they just kept coming to pose for us :)

      What do you mean TERRIBLE joke... this is a serious blog... ha ha ha

      Delete
  3. Oh, I just thought of something! Oh boy... Once there was a kitty that you started to feed... Now there are deer... See where I'm going with this? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please Elaine STOP me whenever I started to feed elephant ha ha ha

      Delete
  4. I love easy recipes, and guests that don't mind if you don't make too many dishes. And don't get put off if you don't offer dessert and coffee.

    That's a lot of corn! I bet these adorable critters are your new best friends. If you feed them, they will come. Again and again and again...

    Loved the joke...hahahahaha! Kids...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe it, in 24 hours, there is only 15 pounds left! And now they have been dropping... you-know-what all over! Life is tough :)

      Delete