Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

No brownies Point!



"I was kicked out of the Boy Scouts for eating a Brownie" - Unknown
I don’t like to give advice, but this one time, I’ll do an exception: If you go to Costco and you see the box of two-bite brownies walk run away! Do not look back, do not slow down, go straight to the customer service and return your card, you will not want to go back to the store ever!
You might be thinking: “I wonder what bug bit him today?” You are wrong! It is winter, there are NO bugs! I’m just trying to prevent all of you from doing one of the worse mistake of your life, ever! Let me tell you my story…
Last Tuesday, we decided to go back to Val-des-Bois. We needed propane and the cheapest place to buy it is at Costco. So on our way, we stopped, and since we were at Costco, we walked in the store to get a few items. So far, there is nothing to blog about except that I walked by the bakery. Usually I’m pretty good and just go and smell the bread. So far in my 53 years and 357 days *wink* *wink* of existence, I have resisted but this time I looked at one of the box of brownies and I reasoned why not, the expiry date is in March and we will have a little sweet to sweeten our meals.

They look innocent... Don't trust the look!

BIG MISTAKE! We arrived at our home for lunch, Christiane had made some sandwiches and we enjoyed them. I looked at the box of brownies and decided to try one… Oh my Gosh! They were the perfect brownies! I ate the first one, they are two-bite brownie and I tried to respect the suggestion and ate only half of one… then I had all those sensations coming to my brain telling me that my life will be changed forever! They were so moist and so chocolaty, every bits coming down was like an orgasmic delight.

Hey Christiane where is my missing half?

Looking at my wife, I could tell she was also having similar a experience. I slowly reached for another one, Christiane followed my lead and helped herself… we ate 3 brownies! We could have expedited the whole box down our digestive track. The whole time it was so quiet, all you could hear was hummmm hummm, we kept looking at each other hoping the other one would take one more, so the other could just do the same and feel no guilt!
Thinking back, we should have ate the whole thing at once, this way we might have hit (the box) bottom, but we let reason guide us…
I found myself spending a lot of time thinking about the BROWNIES. For me it was so much easier to say NO to drugs. I NEVER even had a puff of pot, if I ever took any (illigal) drugs, it would have been without me knowing it, maybe in something like a brownie (from Colorado:)), but I’m pretty sure it never happened. 
But those brownies, they are addictive for sure, every time you take one, you are trying to re-live the first time you had them. I’m thinking about going to detox and register for the 12-step Brownies-holics program, which is: NEVER be more than 12 steps away from brownies. I would give up brownies, but I’m no quitter!

Not a two-bite, it's a bite-two!

On another subject, I just read one of the blog I follow.  You have to check it out, it's  Murr , I was sitting by myself reading it and laughed so much I was crying!
 

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I'm keeping clear of those two bites brownies. I stay away from processed food as much as I can but not 100%. I'm at home today so I made some hermit cookies for the boys and had my two bites, well actually I had more than two bites.
    Nice two bites moustache.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s good for you Julia, if one person stay away… it will leave more for myself ha ha ha

      Never had hermit cookies… maybe I could trade some for apples :)
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. LOL!!!!!!!! That's me white that white fluffy icing cake they have at the bakery at Loblaws. Best. Treat. Ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine there is a lot of white in your statement LOL

      Now don’t try to hook me up on something else, as of now, my life will be really complicate for a while with my brownies dependence!

      Delete
  3. BAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my, Richard, but you had me laughing out loud. Thank you for this warning. My daughter mentioned getting me a Costco membership for my birthday. I declined the offer because I don't really feel the need to shop there, but this is just an added reason to STAY away. This is how they get you. With stuff like this. And you keep coming back for more. And oh, that part where you wrote "we kept looking at each other hoping the other one would take one more, so the other could just do the same and feel no guilt". BAHAHAHAHAHA! That really made me laugh even harder. I do that all the time. Somewhere in my logical brain there is an illogical belief that if my husband eats one more brownie/cookie/slice of pizza/bite of cheesecake/ etc. it won't count if I do, too. Once cancels the other and there's no guilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Martha. To be honest, I still have my Costco Card. Just across the bakery isle, it’s the salmon, and that is a really good healthy choice… and if there is left over, my cat is always willing to give a paw.

      Also thanks to you now I want cookies, pizza and cheesecake. I think I’ll wait for Christiane to go to bed and have a serving of each… tomorrow I’ll deal with the guilt and the upset stomach :)

      Delete