Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Happy winter!

We came back to town for a whole day and then we returned to our little frozen paradise... We decided that we will be spending as much time as we can here, nothing wrong with the city but we really enjoy the slower pace of life in our frozen land! 

My favorite season is winter! I don’t care if it’s colder, if it snows, if it is icy, I just love all of it.
Just to paint you a picture of what I see while I’m writing this blog:

I have a perfect view of a mountain, there are snow flakes coming down, just a few at a time, you can almost count them. Across the frozen lake, I can see some traffic on the main road, like the flakes they are going slowly. White is every where except for some green on the evergreen trees.
In our castle, we are warm and cozy, there is no one around, even the road is blocked so it means every thing we need or want has to be carried. My back is thankful that we just bought a little sleigh to carry everything in: water, propane, food, and all the other necessities (our necessities).
This afternoon we might read, watch TV (we brought the last season of Dexter), build a fire… who knows! I’m planning to go back to the village and get some deer feed. That is pretty much the only visit we will get and we would not want to be inhospitable and not feed our guests.   

Easy does it!


This is our view! Priceless!


Even in the frozen-land the sun rises




Natural fiber optic


Waiting for customers


Don't you think I have a cool hat?


Richard, get more logs


My soles/soul are warm!


7 comments:

  1. Well? I guess if I lived in Canada or our frozen north ... I would enjoy sitting outside in a hundred feet of snow with my tootsies roasting next to an open fireplace ... I can only imagine such a thing.

    It's 34F heading down to 19F and I just want to ... do nothing. hibernate.

    What a pretty place, Richard ... I remember your summer photos.... glad Christiane is outside and you all are snug as bugs in a rug ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn, it is a nice place and we have a spare trailer ;)

      You just remind me; one great thing about winter over here... no bugs! Last winter, in Florida, I served as a meal on sandal to a colony of no-see-ums... I almost need to be hospitalized... cause I was loosing my mind LOL

      Delete
  2. The best place for Christiane to be, away from sick people. Way to go. enjoy...
    Hugs, to both of you.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christiane had an appointment with our family doctor this week, so she call and re-schedule, she told the receptionist that she didn't want to be in the waiting room at the same time as all the sick patient... I think she just want to get away... and I was the driver in the get-away-car :)

      Hugs Right Back at you Julia

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos. What a spectacular place to be in; it's so wonderfully scenic. I don't share your love for winter because I find it too darn cold, and too darn long!

    But if it works for you, enjoy! That's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Martha you are just too young yet to enjoy winter ha ha ha

      Without going to winter bashing.. I'll agree about it's not always convenient to have to put up all the clothing to be warm... this remind me of a joke:

      Did you hear about the teacher who was helping one of her infant pupils put on his boots?

      Even with her pulling, and him pushing, the little boots still didn't want to go on. Finally, when the second boot was on, she had worked up a sweat.

      She almost cried when the little boy said, 'Miss, they're on the wrong feet.' She looked, and sure enough, they were. It wasn't any easier pulling the boots off than it was putting them on.

      She managed to keep her cool as together they worked to get the boots back on, this time on the right feet. He then announced, 'These aren't my boots.'

      She bit her tongue ... once again she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off his little feet.

      No sooner had they got the boots off when he said, 'They're my brother's boots. My Mum made me wear them.'

      Now she didn't know whether to laugh or cry. She mustered the little patience she had left, and wrestled the boots onto his feet again. Helping him into his coat, she asked, 'Now, where are your mittens?'

      He said, 'I stuffed them in the toes of my boots.'

      Delete
    2. Hahaha...cute story! And I'm sure that when that child was finally fully dressed in the right clothing, he announced "I need to go to the bathroom". Because that's what children do. In the winter.

      Delete