Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 9

This is the ninth week of my goal of loosing 60 pounds.

For the first 20 weeks, my goal is to loose 1.5 pound per week.

Week 1 to Week 5: 10.8 pounds
Week 6: 0 pound
Week 7: 3.2 pounds
Week 8: 1.4 pounds
Week 9: 1.6 pounds
Total weight lost: 17 pounds

Ahah still on target, my average per week is around 1.88 pounds per week, a good thing that at the beginning of May we are going to a cruise otherwise I could reach my goal way ahead :)

Last weekend, we went to our trailer. The thaw is over and we were allowed to drive our car to the door. We brought our camera, and would you guess that NOT a single deer show up! Maybe it was karma coming back at me because I ‘joked’ last week of having them on the BBQ.

On the work front, there is a lot going on. Last week, we had a meeting with management about the imminent layoff. They asked if anyone are considering volunteering to get layoff to contact them. As soon I got back to my office… I volunteered! We also got some details about the layoff Schedule:

This Thursday – Budget Day
2 weeks - management will announced how many layoffs
4 weeks - management will tell the persons volunteering if they were accept
8 weeks - start of the process of determining who will stay
From then whoever is layoff will have 12 weeks to made a choice about which option they take (there is 3 options, the only one I’m interest about is the second option, get 42 weeks pay and retirement)

The problem is NOT me, it’s my wife. Her employer is very unlikely to layoff employee, she might have to find someone that is layoff and trade position with him/her. This should not be too difficult, but, it will need approbation from her management head…

No comments:

Post a Comment