Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Politically correct




 

This week, the government of Quebec decided to launch an election. I already have my mind set on who I will vote for and I’m not shy and will tell you: No One! I will not vote… some people would say that I don’t do my civil duties, I have this to say about that: “phliftlllllll”, all right maybe I could try to voice it better.

On Facebook, I was saying that I have as much respect for politicians as I have for dirty dishes in the sink! However, I had to retract myself because it wasn’t fair… for the dishes! After all you can always clean the dishes.

I really think that politicians are really good at one thing: Manipulating the population. To me the only issue that would be worth listening would be quiet promises, like they don’t make them! This will get MY vote!


An ideal speech would go like this:

“Dear Sirs and Sir-ettes, Elect us and I take the engagement that my wife and I and those guys standing behind the curtain will do NOTHING for the next 4-5 years.

We are not going to do a shopping spree to re-furnish the house of common; we are not going on trips at your expenses; if we have to eat while not doing anything, we will bring a lunch! If we have visitors, we might order from Subway.

The red carpet doesn’t need to be changed, we will have it cleaned by Bob carpet cleaner, this being out in the open, we won’t need to accept bribe to give this contract to a company that over prices.

Furthermore, since we are doing as little as possible, we won’t increase your tax, the money that is coming in will go to pay some of the debt.

After our day at the office, when walking out, we will empty our own garbage can and turn off the light.

We will issue some clothing article to the senators: mittens, hats, parka, and polar boots because we are going to cut down the heat in the senate. If they complain about this, we will help them fill-up the unemployment questionnaire.

All limousines will be returned. We have been telling everyone to take the bus, let’s lead by example.

For those who don’t get it and want to make a donation to our party… send your money to the Red Cross, they are there when you need them, not really the case for us politicians!

If you hear my message it won’t be by a pricy advertisement on prime time TV, nor from a sign on someone’s lawn; it might be a friend telling you: “Hey you have to listen to future president/Prime Minister Richard, he promises NOTHING!”” 


9 comments:

  1. haha... exactly, Richard ... I've said it before and I'll say it again... politicians ought to be selected as we select the reality show winners... like Dancing with the Stars and so forth.... let 'em come on with their spiel then each week we vote them off until one is the winner.

    An entertaining show as well as everyone gets to vote and no sorry assed corporation and special interest groups are allowed to vote. Only ... we the people.

    !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s an interesting concept Carolyn, but you know the TV network would be doing their editing… we the people might still not get the whole true and nothing but…

      Maybe a show like: “The Politician is right”. There could be a big wheel with all the names, and we the people spin it. When the wheel stop, who ever it point to, win!

      Sometimes we win, sometimes we loose, the odds would not be much different that what we get now… and there will not be a race that cost Zillions of Dollar!

      Delete
    2. Well, no ... it would be live. The performances on these shows are live. Noooooo editing. As with the debates.

      HAHaaaa “The Politician is right” .... but the whole deal .. is campaign reform... too much of the wrong money feeds the politician ... and produces a shit for brains congress...

      Since only the wealthy can run for office ... as it stands now ... an expense account should be allocated but noooooo salary and no benefits. We all should have the benefits afforded the politicians .. hah!

      Delete
  2. I helped vote to decide the academic future of my entire University! It was great, they fed me really good food as a thank you for my contribution.

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Wicked Witch from the East,

      Have you thought about running for office? If you are doing a great job, we will also fed you!

      Delete
  3. *clap clap clap* That is me applauding! Hahaha...I love this post. It is exactly how I feel. UGH...politicians. I. Cannot. Stand. Politics. It makes me crazy. Every time the ones running for office open their mouth, you know that they're bullshitting you.

    I really like Carolyn's idea! I've got my popcorn, and I'm ready to watch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha for giving me the “clap”! hahaha never thought I’ll use that one one day!

      There are good reasons why Politician and honesty doesn’t rhyme and the reasons have to do with what come out of their mouth!

      Delete
  4. Hey Richard, you got my vote but since you I don't live in your area, my vote doesn't count. There's so much Bull S*** in politic that they should all be farmers... we too have lot of income... but more expenses.. only we work from sun up to sun down 365 days a year to keep food on the table for the people.

    Love your ranting. You and Carolyn are my favorite ranters.

    Hugs, JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes there is a lot of Bull S*** in politic and all they do is shoveled it to the other parties and to us. At least on a farm it is use to improve the soil.

      The romantic in me, love to drive by farm and see: the cows slowly grazing in the field; the farmer going put put on their tractor and working the harvest; the fruit trees in full bloom; and from airplane, the color of all different crop.

      The realist in me, know that it is not a job, that the one thinking that it is nice not to have a boss are very wrong, a boss will give you time off from time to time, you don’t even have full control of your time, when the cow have to be milk, they have to. As a teen, I worked ONE morning in a field for a farmer, even being young and innocent, I knew there was better way of earning some money, I quit and never went back!

      I have great respect for our farmers, if you elect me, I'll have a farmer day when the politicians put on the rubber boot and learned how to use a shovel!

      Delete