Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Goodbye Friends!



(Note:  Without my knowledge, Christiane had post on the blog. It so emotion charge and beautiful that I want to make sure to share it... To say the least, I'm a little uncomfortable from getting flowers. You can get there by clicking here.) ) 

Dear Blog-her and blog-his,

This morning I have the regret to announce you this might be my last post ever. Last week, I was so excited… the blog’s membership was about to grow into the double digits. But life is not always fair, right?

I probably shouldn’t even take the time to write this, but all your encouraging and touching comments were highlights in my life!

If you post comments, I might not be answering as I might be busy with my funeral arrangements. Since Friday, I suffer from a cold, I don’t see a light yet, and all I see is Contact C. Not that anyone asked but my nose is running faster than my cat; I’m so hot with fever that there is no need to turn up the heat in the house; my throat must have Soda crackers stuck in it; my wife, the cancer-patient, is taking care of ME!

I just hope that I have enough in my good-deed account to pay off my credit bad-deed card, it would surely help when I get to the traffic-police-in-the-sky (you know the big Guy).

Don’t feel bad for me; I had a great life, I married at 18, had 2 daughters and a female cat, but I assure you other than that, my life was great (just so you know, I might have to pay dearly for that joke!)

If I have one regret is that last week I had my eyes checked at Costco and I payed in full for my glasses, which I might never use!

The end (might be literally)

To keep with the blog’s spirit, here is some humour.  I don’t think it’s that funny but I might not be the best judge right now?

Man Flu - The Facts...

1. Man-Flu is more painful than childbirth. This is an irrefutable scientific fact (Based on a survey of over 100,000 men.)

2. Man-Flu is not 'just a cold'. It is a condition so severe that the germs from a single Man-Flu sneeze could wipe out entire tribes of people living in the rainforest. And probably loads of monkeys too.

3. Women do not contract Man-Flu. At worst they suffer from what is medically recognised as a 'Mild Girly Sniffle' which, if a man caught, he would still be able to run, throw a ball, tear the phone book in half and compete in all other kinds of manly activities.

4. Men do not 'moan' when they have Man-Flu. They emit involuntary groans of agony that are entirely in proportion to the unbearable pain they are in.

5. Full recovery from Man-Flu will take place much quicker if their simple requests for care, sympathy and regular cups of tea are met. Is that really so much to ask? Florence Nightingale would have done it

6. More men die each year from MFN (Man-Flu Neglect) than lots and lots of other things. (Like rabbit attacks or choking on toast).

7. Men suffering from Man-Flu want nothing more than to get out of bed and come to work, but they are too selfless to risk spreading this awful condition amongst their friends and colleagues. In this sense, they are the greatest heroes this country has ever known.

8. In 1982 scientists managed to simulate the agonising symptoms of full blown Man-Flu in a female chimp. She became so ill that her head literally fell off.

9. Man-Flu germs are more powerful than He-Man, The Thundercats and The A-Team combined. They are too strong for weak, nasty tasting 'lady medicines' like Lemsip, so don't bother trying to force them on a victim of Man-Flu.

10. While it may seem like a Man-Flu sufferer is just laying around enjoying 'Diagnosis Murder' it is a commonly recognised medical fact that the exact pitch and frequency of Dick Van Dyke's voice has remarkable soothing powers.

Every minute in this country one man is struck down by Man-Flu. Women, all we ask is that each of you offers them a cup of tea, some kind words and your undivided attention and care. Then maybe, just maybe, we'll beat this monstrous disease together. 





11 comments:

  1. damn, Richard ... you had me going there for a bit ... and I tell you ... I don't have the flu but I gotta reeeeally bad cough and stuffy nose! of course, to you .... that would be deathbed stuff..

    y'kill me.. hi, to Christiane and my sympathy ... love the man flu 10 facts... HAhaaaaa

    OH and I had to get out this morning to get cat food ! I've tried tricking them into liking stuff I had around here for two days ... this morning? they ain't buying it any longer... Sooooo... off I trudge to the grocery store for cat food... I don't have me a Christiane ....

    PS: you'll be just fine... hugs to Christiane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Carolyn, I didn’t want to steer anyone wrong, but I AM dying over here!

      If I had to get food for the cat, I would drag myself to the door, open it, and let some mouse in, the cat would just have to fetch her own lunch! Just a suggestion :)

      Chrisitiane is a great help, but it might have something to do with her being my life insurance beneficiary.

      I was not sure of my condition but I notice you send hugs to Christiane and not me… I might be soooo contagious that I don’t even get virtual love!

      Delete
    2. hahaa... well? I know you'll be all right... and hopefully!!! we don't have mice! I don't want her catching a bird! ...

      It is a gorgeous morning ... and I'm kinda sorta glad that I was MADE to get out innit. I feel better... yay but still all dunder headed... blah

      hugs to you too but your lovely wife gets my sympathy ... ha... but I noticed you did see what gave me my stuffyness... which ain't so bad ... missing that little toot... ;)

      Delete
  2. I thought you were really closing down your blog just after I signed up!

    The man cold is true and a serious thing. It has afflicted my dad, my husband and my son.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your understanding Birdie.

      The clip really touch me, as it is how I feel, I can see that the disease also afflicted people on the other side of the pound (for you that would be across one piece of land and one pound) ;).

      As far as closing down the blog, if the sun rise again for me tomorrow, I might just carry on, but I would not bet any money on that!

      Delete
  3. I guess my strep throat, sinus infection, and bronchitis or pneumonia (results still pending for the last one) combo is nothing either! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete

  4. Wow Richard, I bow before you, you are quite a man. I'm so glad that I read Christiane's post. What a loving tribute. You should print that and frame it. It's very touching.

    I started to respond to your post before checking Christiane's post and here is what I wrote without changing a single word, lol...

    Hey Richard, pull up you big man pants and stop that whining. You are too funny to die...You are beginning to sound just like my husband. It's the moaning that gets me... I don't want to sound unsympathetic but this old woman has heard too many moaning over the 48 years of marriage. hahaha.......

    It must be a virus sent to you by the Quebec government for that tax rant you wrote the other day. I think that they follow your blog, Bahahaha.

    Hurry up and get better you big ole baby...
    Hugs to both of you.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHaaaa ... I just saw this and couldn't find her comment.. it's a post! how did I miss this... how wonderful

      and Julia... yeah... HAhaaaa

      Delete
    2. Thanks Julia no need to bow; I am just doing what anyone else would do for their love one in this circumstance. I will post about what Christiane wrote as soon my mind can be clearer!

      Hahaha My big man pants were in the load to be washed. I sympathize with your husband; it would be so nice to have a love one care when we are so strong that we let our vulnerability come out by whining and moaning. It seems to me that if we don’t talk we are ask to share how we feel and if we share, we are send to put some pants! shish :)

      Now I’ll be paranoid, maybe you are into something, Big Brother is keeping tab on me, and they even send me a virus… please if the “voices” tell you anything else, let me know! Hahahaha

      Hugs back from Christiane hahaha

      Delete