Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Better late than never


Wednesday, Nov 7th
In the morning we installed the awnbrella. The operation involves drilling holes in the trailer. I enjoy drilling holes in the trailer! My wife was assisting; I think she just doesn’t trust me with my electric drill!


Before
See how much the awning sags in the middle

After
Voila!

It was windy so, while installing one bar, the other bar kept falling down. It was NOT because my holes were not perfect, it was because the awning was not stable and kept moving with the wind. I solved that by inserting some awning holder clip.

We visited Sam’s club with A & J. I found that it is larger than Costco. I know it sounds like we are doing a lot of shopping but we are just making our house on wheel homier. We don’t have a Sam’s card, in the near future, we will get one! 

We bought a table that adjusts to three different height (coffee table, dining table and counter height) and some wine (with all the happy hours, it looks like our wine cellar has a leak! ).
On our way back, we stopped at Publix (grocery store). My wife and I split the grocery list. I went one way, she went her way. I was done finding all the items on the list, while she only had ONE item to find but was nowhere to be seen. So I went to the cash register and paid. I was just about to leave when she got at the register. She started talking to me in French, I looked at the cashier like I didn’t know her. I told him: “You have some strange customer here, that women is talking to me”. He smiled! I told him that next she might be asking ME to pay for her! He kept smiling! I said, I sure hope she won’t follow me home… Hey if you can’t have fun at the grocery store, where can you have fun!

We Spent the happy hour with J & A, Lillianne and Alain… it was windy and too cold (for us snowbirds), so I didn’t need to fake loosing at dice; we just didn’t play!
In the evening, we ate spaghetti and watched Survivor  on TV. This show reminds me of us; we also have to keep surviving this lifestyle… poor us! Ya right!

 
Thursday, Nov 8th

In the morning, we went for a walk downtown Naples with Jo & André. It’s so amazing to just be here. We can see some nice buildings, coconuts in palm trees, flowers. There were several workers in the street putting up Christmas decorations. We are wearing shorts… my mind can’t register that soon it will be the holiday season. 
The distance walked according to Google map as shown in purple is 3.6 mi /5.76 km walk. But for one stretch, we really walked on the beach, orange line shown here, so let’s be fair and call it an even 3.99 mi. J
 
It's a bird, it's a plane, It's... on a building!
 

 
We saw our first Gator... it is wearing camouflage in order to attract tourist and get them closer!
 

Coconut!!
It's above the sidewalk... if one of those fall... you might get a splitting headache!
We had lunch at Pincher's Crab Shack at what is call Tin City (not to be confused with Sin city pleeeeease!). Tin city is a grouping of tin buildings along the river where you can enjoy all kind of tourist boutiques and restaurants. If you have a boat, you can dock by your favorite place, enjoy a meal and go back to sea. Not wanting to look pretentious, we left our boat at home...

 
 
 

We had delicious fish and chips. The restaurant had a special, 2 margaritas and/or 2 beers for the price of one. Christiane and Jo had the girly drink (margaritas). Myself and André had the manly drink… beers! We were sitting right by the canal, after our walk, I was so happy to sea food!  
 
 

At four o’clock, you might never guess what we did? If you guessed happy hour… you were right! It is important to be consistent in life!
Till next time!

4 comments:

  1. Ah, those palm trees remind me of the good 'ol days, when Julie and I were visiting Disney World. Have you guys seen any deer yet? Julie and I saw a bunch while driving to and from parks.

    - Hairy Toes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't see any deers, well some on the highway coming down (you don't want details). There is a zoo... maybe we should go there!

      Delete
  2. It's all so BEAUTIFUL! And I'm not just saying that because you were awesome enough to include a photo of some food! It all looks really, really, pretty.

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete