Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

More days of the NOT rich nor famous


Monday, Nov 5th
In the morning, we went to Camping World in Fort Myers. I should have forgotten my wallet at the trailer but I didn’t…  $450 later, we had bought:

-2 LED light fixtures. We had to replace some in the trailer, and we chose LED because they last longer and mainly they consume less electricity. It is a really important feature when we are not connected only on the battery (like at a Wally). I already installed those and what a difference! It is so much brighter.
 
 
 
 
- A water filter. As we are never too sure about the quality of the water where we are, this is a must. Because there is only one water entry, even our toilet will be getting filtered water :-(

- 4 Awnbrellas (tension bars for the awning to rest on which creates an arch so the rain water drains away. I will post picture as soon I have them installed.
- A shower head. My wife is so happy with it, I can’t barely get her out of the shower anymore ha ha ha (Note from Christiane:  This should have read: “- An Oxygenic shower head. (this adds water pressure and also saves on water. It works really well and I recommend the productJ)) (Note from Richard: I wanted to take a picture but Christiane is in there... again! JJ)

After coming back from our shopping trip, we just stayed home and relaxed.
Around 4ish, we met at Jo’s for a happy hour. This seems to be a daily occurrence where we try to solve all the world problems… One thing I learned… Don’t talk politics!

In the evening, we stayed home and watched TV.
Christiane didn’t have a good night sleep… and since the house is 180 square foot… neither did I!


Tuesday, Nov 6th
In the morning, I went for a bike ride. I biked 22.5 KM (13.5 Mi.). I took my time; the weather was perfect, there were a few clouds, no wind. I started on a bike lane… which is located on a boulevard where cars drive 55 Mi. (95 Km) an hour!  There is only a white line that separates you from them… I was glad that I didn’t have a rear view mirror showing me the traffic coming at me! As soon as I could, I took a side road, but it was a dead end… I went back on the boulevard and after a while, I saw a road where there was no bike lane but a side walk. This seemed like an excellent alternative for me. I rode to the beach, took a couple of picture to tease my ex-colleague on Facebook, and just took my time exploring.

This is what I post on FB! I had that it was the hallway to me office!
No one drop me from their friend list... yet!
One of the mask superhero
 
On my way back, I was happy about the ride and I was smiling and thinking about how lucky I am… and that’s when I swallowed a fly! I know it sounds “cliché” but that’s the truth! When I got back to the trailer, I told my wife that I probably wouldn’t be hungry at the same time as her since I already had a little something to eat. 
In the afternoon, we went with André & Jo. A friend had told them that on 2nd Ave., there were stores where Jo could buy a small credenza she wants for their Motorhome. André had programed their GPS to get there… a good thing because trying on our own would not have worked… It is a small road that is about 100 feet long and ends up in a parking lot… No store around! We thought that maybe it was on the other side, and we drove around a few blocks and couldn’t find the 2nd Ave. You would think that it is between the first and Third Avenue… but no, couldn’t find it anywhere!

No dear crossing sign, Puma crossing!
For crying out loud, it's only a cat!

We also went to visit another campground.  We don’t have reservation for January and would have liked to stay in the area. But at $1200, the campground is too expensive for my taste.
We drove to Island of Marco. It is located beside Island of Polo (just joking!). You can see a lot of houses with their own personal dock. Let just say that if a gardener, a cook, pool maintenance persons are not in your budget, you might not live there!

No officer, I was not trespassing!
 
One of the local... From what he said, he hates tourist!
One of the rich owner... she took me to her home!
Does that made a kept man?

When we came back, we played dice. The last time we played, I won all the games. But this time, I decided to graciously let others win.
In the evening, we watched some TV. The US election was on every channel … Barack Obama won!

 

 

4 comments:

  1. AW jeeeez... it's good to see you all having such fun ... retirement is the bomb! especially traveling as you both do... Florida is gorgeous and on down the Keys ... the Bahia Honda State Park is really a nifty place to stay.

    I believe it's Marathon ... the first or second Key is a great dolphin rescue center... I wanted to work there! so does everyone else! lol

    I wish I had blogged back then when I was in Florida but I didn't. I went the entire perimeter of Florida - the Everglades are not to be missed! as well as the Keys...

    Just writing this makes me wanna go back and see some manatees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richard,

    My name is Tina, a Community Manager for Atomic Reach. We connect bloggers with brands looking for quality content. I’m reaching out to you about joining a blogger community related to a brand that’s focused on auto repairs, maintenance and road travel.

    I thought you would be a perfect fit for the community! I loved reading through your blog and think you have done a fantastic job in covering topics that would be interesting to the members, especially with your LED light recommendations! By participating, you’ll gain more traffic!

    If you’re interested or have any questions, please send me an email tina @atomicreach.com and I’ll send you a link to activate your account (or an answer to questions).

    We look forward to you joining our community! :)

    Kindest regards,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pawpaw! Your comment about the fly practically made me choke on my roasted wheat kernels. Hilarious!

    Y'know, I think you might have missed a good opportunity to become a photographer as a career. You're taking some really cool shots!

    - Hairy Toes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do we have to share a brain so often? Everyone can just read your comment, that's basically what I wanted to write as a comment. Maybe we should take turns commenting on posts? :D

      Despite the occasional flies, it all looks soooo pretty. I'm glad you guys are enjoying yourselves!

      Delete