Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Just few more days


Friday, Nov 9th
We were so excited that it was finally Friday (see even retiree can be excited by Fridays!)… On Friday, the Naples Flea Market is opened! So we went with André.  If you are looking for sunglasses or jewelleries… it is the place. We were not! We wanted some tools and bungees cord and were disappointed not to find any.

We were right there at the opening, so we didn’t have to fight the crowd.  I expected the Flea Market to be outside but, interestingly enough, to me anyway, the Flea Market is inside in a looong building where you just walk the aisles.
We bought some Christmas stuffing for the girls – You understand, we will not be posting pictures of those…

In the afternoon, we went to Sam’s club… got our membership card and we just had to try out the card… bought a camera. It’s a Canon SX260 HS.
Our black box!
The difference between our old camera and the new one is like going from snail pace to warp speed in nano second!
Its zoom… amazing! Just to give you an idea: Christiane could not read some small print on a package of rechargeable batteries; she asked me if I could read it… Heck No! I could guess some characters but that was it. So I thought,  (kidding she is the one who thought) using the zoom of the camera could be helpful. It was! We could read the entire small characters without guessing… I am so clever sometimes (but not this time, she was)!

Later in the afternoon, after so much stress, I just stayed home and read. Speaking of reading, I finished my daughter book “Earth Abides”. Without giving too much away, it is a story about Dooms day, where most of the humans die. It took me 5 weeks to read it, I was expecting to read at least one book per week, but we are just too busy (a good thing we don’t have j-o-b-s!). I started another book and I have less than 100 pages left to read and should be done on schedule (this is MY deadline now :-)).

In the evening, while the ladies were playing Skipbo, I watched Hockey with André… it was a junior game, Halifax against Gatineau. After 2 periods, I heard my bed calling; the score was tight 1-1, so I decided they could finish the game without me… I was wrong! Gatineau lost 5-1!

Saturday, Nov 10th
In the morning, Christiane went shopping with Jo and André at Kohl’s clothing store. I was so worried! I am the responsible one and didn’t know if upon her return I would need to get a job ha ha ha. She came back with… a piece of wood from Lowe’s. She used it to hit me right in the  back of my head… NOT! She wanted to make a small shelf over the stove. (UPDATE: She changed her mind, we will return the lumber … I avoided that w-o-r-k project fast, ouf!!!)

While she was gone… I washed the beddings… which I rather do than shopping! When I first started the laundry load, I noticed a man cleaning the front end of his fifthweel.  Doing the laundry took me about an hour, and I was checking his progress…  Well, after one hour, he was still cleaning the same spot over and over …
In the afternoon we slept, this lifestyle can be tiresome at time… It was a bit warm so I had left the air conditioning running. When we woke up, the temperature inside the trailer was 13.4 C. (56 F.)!

At 16:00, of course happy retiring hour was upon us. We played 2 games of dices, André won the first one, and I couldn’t hold it any more, I had to win the last one! I just hope by writing this, my reputation won’t get tarnished and no one will want to play with me anymore hahaha.
For supper, we had Lasagna at André and Jo. Delicious!

 
 


6 comments:

  1. OoOoooOo, I am jealous of that beautiful camera! I love my DSLR, but it's heavy...and I like my little one, but the zoom and photo quality aren't completely up to par with the big one.

    Did the flea market have a petting zoo like the one in Buckingham?! :D

    - Hairy Toes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No petting zoo... maybe later with the crowd it could turn into a zoo... but i'm pretty sure there will still be no petting!

      Because the camera is new... we leave it at home... i should do a scratch on it so that it is not new anymore hahaha

      Delete
  2. We're getting Christmas stuffing? You can go ahead and post pictures, we often have stuffing at Christmas and it's always delicious!

    Now that you're finished with Earth Abides, I have more books to add to your reading list, I'll bring some over at Christmas.

    - WWE

    P.S. I keep failing the "please prove you're not a robot" test the blog gives us in order to post anonymous comments.... I am starting to wonder if I'm a real person or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you real??

      Goodie more books, but you know we have a weight limit on the palne (ring a bell :-)))

      Your sister is getting Chrismas stuffing... she has been good! (also she is taking care of the house :-p)

      Delete
    2. The house AND the cat. I've been double-good!

      Delete
    3. Ditto @ the test comment. These captchas are ridiculously difficult to decipher! After failing three times in a row one day, I tried using the audio option...it's even harder!

      - Hairy Toes

      Delete