Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Working on weekend

Shopping mall in Naples

Saturday, Nov 3rd

In the morning we went to Costco. I wanted to get there as early as possible to beat the rush, you know, the workers who w-o-r-k all week long, and also because I had some work of my own planned for the afternoon.
Naples, Florida

Other than selling boats, Dom Perignon champagnes and caskets, you can find pretty much the same thing you find in Costco in the Ottawa area.

The biggest difference for us… living in our trailer is that we just don’t have the space to store 24 rolls of toilet tissues or 30 box of Kleenex!   So we just buy what we can use right away (like a cooked chicken, prepared soup, etc.).  Strangely, at the cash register it still cost $$$$!

André and Jo came with us as our guests (they don’t have a Costco card) and they scored big time… they upgraded their Verizon usb key for a 4G MIFI hot spot. It cost them only the tax ($4.80) on the device and their monthly bill came down by $10 for the same amount of data (5 GB).

As mentioned earlier, retirement is not all fun and game… I had decided to work… on my tan. Being Saturday, I figured I should be getting double time! It doesn’t work that way.
Taking a break from the work (sun tanning)

We have an outstanding beach less than 6 KM (4 Mi) away. After lunch we went to get some UV rays. I should tell you that around here, in a crowd, people need sun glasses to dim the brightness from my really white skin :-)
Not crowded

The cost for the parking at the beach is a reasonable $6. Which I didn’t pay… André did, we were in our truck and he got the money out first, so he won hahaha. Next time we go we will be the one paying :-(

The water was a bit cold. I am the type of person who unless you can boil an egg in it, I will not be getting wet!  The other 3 crazy Canucks went in… the sane one went half way in!

My plan of working the tan didn’t work that good… that might have something to do with getting 1 inch of sun screen all over my body!  I have to remind myself that Rome was not built in one day!

Sunday, Nov 4th

I don’t know if you heard the noise last night, but around 02:00, all the clocks fell one hour back! After all that commotion, I got up at 02:30. I didn’t want to stay up too long, so I didn’t take my morning coffee, I just turned on the computer and won a couple of solitaire games. Doing this got me so tired that I went back to bed at 03:30!

We were still up early… so what do you do when it is early and Sunday… you go shopping!

We went to Walmart, the store was empty, and apparently at 07:00 it is a good time to go! I needed to buy all kind of product for cleaning the trailer. I also purchased a 20 foot sewer hose to empty our tanks. At our site, the sewer connection is about 15 foot from the trailer drain and I had only 10 feet of hose… This could have been a really messy shituation Yerk!

Before going on this morning adventure, we didn’t have our breakfast, so we stopped at Duncan Donuts. It was a small one with only few tables available. We were sitting right under a speaker and it was blasting music really loud, it was probably Kenny G, whom I like, but it was too early and to loud to enjoy. The TV was also blasting beside us… you just couldn’t hear anything. We were not talking, we ate as fast as we could to get out of there!

Now being fed and shopped, we just kept driving without any destination. We ended up driving in some nice neighbourhood where they had their boat docked beside their house. We don’t have pictures but we will go back to walk around at another time.

My goal for that day was to clean the trailer. After spending 2 weeks on the road, it was overdue! I started by washing the roof. Once you do that there is no turning back; the dirt from the roof end up on the side walls. Then there was soap and dirt on the awning, had to clean that one too. But before starting, I had to remove the sun screens so they wouldn't get dirty…

I sweated, I cursed, I wanted a beer, I worked my a** off… under a nice warm bright sun, without a shirt, without SUN SCREEN… My skin is a nice glowing reddish colour now grrrrr

Funny thing on campgrounds… As soon as one subject (me) get the hose out to do some cleaning, the neighbours get their hoses out to also do their cleaning… it is CONTAGIOUS! LOL

I haven’t done all I wanted to do, but in case you missed it, I am RETIRED, so I’ll finish whenever I have time to do so! There is NO rush… Well maybe if one of my neighbour gets their hose out today :-)

Talking about retired and time, I find something very strange… one of my hobby is reading and I thought I would be reading several books a week, but in a little over 5 weeks of retirement, I still haven’t finish the first book I started… just too much things to do!

2 comments:

  1. I'm seeing more beautiful photos in here! Despite the work, it sounds like ya'll are having good adventures. I'm glad! :)

    -Hairy Toes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! You're relaxing too hard to find time to read! How terrible!

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete