Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Busy day (for retirees)


Nov 2nd

Christiane went shopping with Jo and Lilianne at Bealls. This is a store that offers serious discount on clothing and household items. It is Jo’s favorite store! I had given my wife an allowance of $20 but was hoping that she would bring the whole thing back… I don’t think she was appreciative of my allowance because she just smiled and looked at me… this usually translates as “Ya, right!”

I was glad to see her go… I got my drill out and started drilling holes in the trailer...

At the campground there is cable TV, however you have to pay for it. We are retired; we don’t like to pay for anything! André has a satellite dish and said we could hook up to it. Alain has a spare decoder and said we could borrow it, but that he didn’t have the remote control for it. André has a spare remote control for the decoder… See isn’t it great to have good neighbours! Now, I’m only wondering who will replace the batteries when they die… Ha ha ha

Yesterday when we arrived, I tried to connect to the satellite by using the external cable outlet. It didn’t work! Apparently it is an outlet that is only good for cable not for a satellite feed.

So I ran a cable from the decoder to the outside, going through cupboards. But at one point, I couldn’t run the cable; there was a space that was not accessible. I removed the panel and surprise, surprise; I discovered an empty compartment that the manufacturer had condemned!  I still can’t figure out why the manufacturer of the trailer didn’t provide access to that space!  The floor is even finished and all!  
Look at the extra storage space!
Where is MY beer?
I am not sure if my wife would have let me remove the panel had she been there… You see, the process involved a hammer…

When she came back and saw what I did, she was excited to see that extra space.  Darn, I was thinking of storing my beer in there but I think she has other ideas! Thinking back, I should have just put the panel back and kept the whole storage secret for my own usage. Hahaha  (Note from Christiane: “When I got back I saw a wooden panel lying outside the camper and I thought, oh no, what did he do?! But that extra space is worth it.  Richard did a great job.”)

Our site has a cement patio.  Our trailer end being lower to the ground than big RVs, we couldn’t use our steps, which meant that coming in and out of the trailer was a bit of a nuisance. So we just moved the trailer by 4 feet. Now the steps are deployed and we can easily go in and out of the trailer. I didn’t mind moving, we are further south now :-)
In the afternoon, we installed our sunscreen. It looks like we are not going anywhere for a while now… Ye!

All set up

Our Florida room
 
Following all that excitement, we had a few drinks with Jo, André, Alain and Lilianne, at Alain and Lilianne’s site.  Here they call it the Apéro and it looks like it’s a daily occurrence at 4 p.m.  Now, that I can’t hide my beer in the secret compartment, I might as well enjoy it…

For supper, we warmed up some homemade Chinese chicken rice. We had planned on cooking steak on the BBQ but instead we decided to do something quick so we could go to the play room where we played dices. We played 2 games… I won 2 games. I think we were playing for money… I’m still waiting to collect from the LOSERS… (Note from Christiane: “You can take the guy out of Statistics Canada but you can’t take statistics out of the guy : )”)

Our daughters are back from their week in Walt Disney. Maybe now they will have more time to skype with their poor neglected parents! ha ha ha ha ha ha
Total distance today: 4 feet
 

2 comments:

  1. Aha, so you've exposed the manufacturer's ultra-secret smuggling compartment! You should turn him in to the police and see if you get a reward!

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete
  2. A palm tree! Oh, I miss seeing palm trees. Julie and I should go back to Florida!

    - Hairy Toes

    ReplyDelete