Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

30 Shades of Christmas - 1


For the next month, my blog will consist of a fictional story I’m writing.  I will post a page per day. The main target audience are my two daughters, but if you enjoy a little off the normal path story, you are welcome to read. Any comments are always welcome. Enjoy!
  
'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

Ho Ho Ho!  Were any of you concerned? It’s not even night time; it’s not even close to Christmas!  I’m sorry if you got the wrong idea, but if you keep reading you will discover that I had to develop a different sense of humor to face this time of the year.

My names is Krissie, Krissie Kringle. I don’t know how old I am; I never had a birth certificate. I’m from a small place way up north called North Pole. If you look it up on a map, it’s in Vermont. But I should tell you right away, it’s not on any map.  Aside from me and an abandoned company, there is nothing else there.

Growing up, I attended a small school in the next town; amusing enough it’s called South Pole. Growing up in North Pole was not the most positive experience in my life and what made it worst was being named Krissie Kringle!  The kids were picking on me. I remember when I was in 2nd grade in Mrs Rudolf’s class, while at recess one of the little pests called me: “Satan Claus!”, all the other nitwits followed his lead and kept yelling: “Satan Claus! Satan Claus!” At the end of recess, Mrs Rudolf was red faced and told everyone it was not nice to pick on someone and that I had a special gift.

During the next lesson, I didn’t listen; I was just too busy writing the names of all my class mates, this was the beginning of my naughty list.

Today’s kids are so lucky; they have buses to get to and from school. In my days, I had to take the sleigh for the long journey.  After a while I discovered so many shortcuts that I could reach any destination in no time. I was so fast that on occasion, I didn’t even leave any mark on the snow, it almost appeared as if I was flying; but seriously folks, on earth there is that pesky law called gravity!


When it was really cold, I would arrive home to freshly baked cookies my mother had baked; I can tell you that after a ride in the cold, cookies and a glass of milk were really hitting the spot! 

To be continued...

11 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun! So that's how the naughty list began....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure Martha but were you in Krissie's class? I heard you were on the naughty list ha ha ha

      Delete
  2. That's adorable! :D I can't wait to read the rest!

    - Hairy Toes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talked with the author and he said it was base on real events... If you send me money, I could send you a preview of what will happen *Wink* *Wink*

      Delete
  3. Oh Richard, you're so cute...
    I'll be waiting for another page .
    Hugs to both of you.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid the next page might get you a shock!

      Hugs

      Delete
  4. As your story has COOKIES, I have no choice but to keep reading. Cookies! Yay! Krissie sounds like a great dude!

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who told you Krissie was a dude? For the cookies, are you training to steal Krissie's job?

      Delete
    2. Noooo, I knew it, I knew I shouldn't have called Krissie a dude!

      - WWE

      Delete
  5. lordamercy .... and I'm with WWE ... yay cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I f he doesn't have mercy... I'm in trouble :)

      Delete