Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

Action – CUT (30 Shades of Christmas – 6)




Last night I watched TV.  People think I’m really busy with getting every thing in order for the big night but, they are wrong! I have a team of dwarf that do the work and they don’t even get paid for it. I know you call them elves but if we want to be politically correct we should all call them height challenged persons.

As I mentioned those helpers get no salary, no marginal benefit, they bring their own lunch; they don’t even take smoke break. They do take bathroom break, but let me tell you, it is very short -I’ve been told. LOL 

Did you notice how much earlier in the season they start showing Christmas movie on TV? It’s not even December and you can watch Christmas movies on over 25 channels, well, that is if you have Satellite TV, and if you don’t, bite me! Give it another century and they will start showing Christmas movie in July!


Thanks to youtube for this blurry screen shot of phony Santa

Last night “Miracle on 34th Street” was playing. I still remember the first time I saw it, it was in 1947, it was in black and white playing in theatres all over. Sitting there with my popcorn, I had tears in my eyes; I was laughing so much. You should have seen the people around; they were eating the script faster than I could eat my popcorn!

Come on now, it’s call d-e-l-u-s-i-o-n-a-l, you folks know better by now. Spoiler alert if you haven’t seen the movie you might want to skip the next paragraph.

It’s about the “real“ Santa, who is an old white beard schmuck who is being sued. His defence is that he is “real“. Of course there is a 6 years old girl named Susan Walker that sides with him and get her Mom to fall in love with the attorney. BALONEY! For one thing, that Santa pees standing up. Also you might not know this but more often than not I have been the source of disputes which result in divorces. I can’t recall the number of times a man would ask for a new set of golf clubs for Christmas and I would bring him a belt buckle instead. The spouse would get blamed for the oversight and voila that’s when a lawyer might get called.
One last thing, if I can help it I stay away from New-York! So there you have it, the movie is fictional at best and I was not even close to New-york in 1947, I was taking a stress relief vacation in Hawaii!

If you haven't seen it, here is a trailer: Miracle on 34th Street - Trailer


To be continued…


7 comments:

  1. What drives me crazy is the Christmas music in grocery stores. This is the time of year that I'm bringing my MP3 player, so that I don't get so sick of Christmas music that I don't want to listen to it anymore when the mood strikes me in May or June or July...

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On radio, Magic 100 in Ottawa has been playing, all day long, Christmas music since last week. NUTS! It's funny you mentioned "May or June or July" this was exactly what I intended to response to your comment at the beginning :)

      Delete
  2. I guess your workers aren't unionized? I don't think this 'free work' will last once they become organized. :)

    Yes, before you know it, they'll be showing Christmas commercials in the summer to get people to buy more crap that they don't really need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shush Martha, I have a good thing going on here; don't give them the idea of unionizing.

      Krissie

      Delete
  3. Well, there's Christmas in July now, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do start playing movies around that time.

    - Hairy Toes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know your parent even celebrate Christmas at their camping in july... crazy parent you have there HH!

      Krissie

      Delete
    2. I think Krissie is some kind of hacker... she use my name to publish a comment... don't be fool, I am the real Richard

      Delete