Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Doggy Style


My wife and I…   went for a ride…   a bike ride!
Just a short distance later we came by the Baileyton Golf Club. I thought that if I looked in the gutter I might see a lost ball or two… I scored! a nice Titleist 1 ball, now, if I could just find a set of clubs, left handed, and a free pass to the golf club, I would be a happy retiree.

Like a fresh fruit, it was waiting to be picked up

After 2 bumps and 2 curves on the road, my wife decided she really wanted to do some cleanup at the trailer. She told me to go ahead without her… I didn’t have the GPS but decided to carry on.
It was really her loss because right there we were at the top of a hill and I didn’t need to pedal one bit going down, as a matter of fact,  I had the wind in my hair, the farm smell hitting my nostrils and if it were not for the fact that I don’t like the taste of bug, I would have been smiling… life is good!

The road is really busy, narrow, with a lot of hidden curves.  When I saw a nice country road on my left, I decided to take that road.
Would have been a great bike path if it was not the sharing with cars or trucks!

I was going up a bump when I came upon a house surrounded by a huge fence. The house was not a castle, just what I consider a “regular house” but then...  came running the beast, I didn’t stop to take a picture but it must have been bigger than a horse, and barking loudly enough to make sure that my heart was pumping… I was praying that there were no holes in the fence… and lucky for me, there were none but less lucky for the beast that was probably thinking that he would have liked a taste of a French Canadian.

At the next house on the left, which had NO fence, 2 dogs started running and barking, one of them was big and could chew part of the bike to get to me for sure, but I was at the top of a hill and pedalled down before they could catch me… They must have been fed lately because I’m sure that if they had really wanted to they could have out run me (maybe not out smart me but all they needed was to out run me).

Now I’m down (what my wife would call a mountain but I call a hill, a good one at that) and I’m noticing that up that hill there are 2 dogs so I will just bike in a different direction. It’s not because my life is insured that I want my wife to collect!

This was out in the country and there are not that many streets that crosses the road I was on, but I wasvconfident I’ would find a way… plus, there are so many churches around that I could take refuge in one and ask for asylum!

Not even 5 minutes later, near a house on the right, 2 dogs started running and barking, grrrr. What the hell! At this point I realized that I was surrounded, there is NO side road, NO church, NO hope, I’ll have to face one of the set of dogs. On my right, I don’t know what will be coming if I survive the dogs. On my left I am at the bottom of the hill, the dogs only have to wait at the top and pick me up, I’ll already be warm for them!

I went with the known option, but I tried to outsmart them… I pedalled like crazy going up the hill, doing it as silently as I could, I was trying not to puff too loudly too. Maybe with my previous passing (I don’t mean the one that would have made my life insurance company sad) the previous excitement made the dogs sleepy and maybe I had a chance, I was going up toward the light (not THE light but the one from the sun) .

I think the dogs were not expecting me so soon; they only started running when I reached the front of the house… But it was too late for them, I was not about to slow down and let them have a piece of me!  

On this ride, I really missed my wife; she is slower than I am and my buns would not have been so exposed!

2 comments:

  1. Yup, mom would have just LOVED the dogs. :D

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you notice how there's a little paw print on the golf ball? Great foreshadowing, pawpaw!

    - Hairy Toes

    ReplyDelete