Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My love with fall


My favorite season, by far, is fall. I just can't get enough of the grand colours, the lovely fall carpet that naturally covers the ground.


Splendid fall carpet
The weather is starting to cool down. You need a good sweater, but it is still comfortable. It is so nice to be sitting by the easy-to-lit fire in the afternoon, and enjoying the warmth emanating from it. If the sun is shining, everything is just perfect!

At the camping, the water has been cut off, but it is not a big deal, we have the lake across the street and I don't mind filling up buckets to be able to flush the toilet. It gives me a good workout which my body is in real need.

2 buckets = 2 flushes
Plus there are toilets at the front building where you can enjoy a nice warm shower, go do some other business while doing a sudoku and bringing back drinkable water.

During the past 2 weeks, the trees have turned from a beautiful bright red or yellow colour to a rust-brown colour, when they still have leaves, that is.

The weather is just so cold and windy, you can't lit a fire without using a few gallons of petroleum. The rain is consistently coming down every time I try to go outside for any period of time, grrrrrrr. ENOUGH!

Time to get rid of the darn carpet!
If the hassle I have to face was not enough, as mentioned earlier, the camping CUT the water... So now I have to go to the lake and fill buckets after buckets of water. There are stairs to go down to the lake, 28 to be precise. I am surprised that so far I haven't miss one step going down. Sometimes there is frost on the ground and by going down and up those step several times a day, water spillage becomes a really issue! DO YOU KNOW how many times a person flushes a toilet? The answer: A lot! in our case is double a lot because we are 2. My back is starting to hurt from that workout-from-hell.


I hate you!
At the front building, the water is hot (really hot), but the building is not! I almost need my parka just to not get a cold. I tried but you can't wear the parka and dry yourself at the same time grrrr. Last weekend, the toilet blocked (that's all I'm going to say about that) and once, there was no paper... a good thing I had sudoku with me, it can be a life saver!
Tomorrow's post will be about the plan to leave all this behind us... but now, I can't write no more, I have to go to the lake...

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I think you've developed a split personality and they both contributed to this blog post!

    Am looking forward to receiving a double quantity of gifts at Christmas!

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear WWE,

      One of my personality is saying you are full of baloney...

      According to the North Pole rule #33452.65, to get double gifts, you need to have been double good. Since you were half good, I would suspect you might get half gift!

      Delete
  2. I can still hear the echoes of my laugher when I saw that vacuum picture! Hilarriious!

    I agree with my sister's diagnosis. Autumn is making you loco!

    - Hairy Toes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hairy Toes,

    I don't think that automn is making me loco, I think it's to have had 2 daughters hahaha

    You can buy ear plug at the pharmacy... other than the voices, you should not hear echos!

    ReplyDelete