Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hiting rock bottom

Mirror,mirror on the lake...

That's it, I am sick... runny nose, sore throat, I feel like my jaws are made of bricks. Who would have guessed that retirees could also suffer from flue. That's not fair, I don't have any sick day, I have to go through that on my own time...

Yesterday, we spent the day like a lot of our future days, I would guess. It was cloudy, but by the afternoon, the sun decided to show up to brighten the already gorgeous fall colour. We built a fire, and sat all afternoon outside, surounded by 5 hungry cats. Boy we had fun with them... and they seemed to appreciate the freebies... must be what they talked about when they say it's a win win situation.

Not easy getting all the cats in the picture

We truly enjoy days like that, there is almost no one around, we can just relax and de-compress from our working life. We are also planning what we will be doing soon...

Tomorrow, we are going back home for a few days (Caroline - time to do cleanup before the parent units showup :) ). There is some business that need to be attended to, and since we are retired, we don't have to wait for the weekend to do them:

I need to buy a new battery for the trailer, I didn't know much about batteries and I found out that battery that are in a trailer should never be allowed to go below 50% of their charge. If you let that happen, you reduce considerably their life expentency. During the winters, I was disconnecting the batteries but leaving them where they were. Now they don't hold their charge anymore.

We also want to buy a bike rack to mount the bikes over the tongue. There seem to be problem with bike rack and trailer, I feel that if while driving, I can see the rack, I might be able to prevent losing my bikes on the road.

Our Daughter from the East (Julie) is coming for the weekend. We will pick her up at the airport friday.

It's our baby's birthday and we will celebrate that event as a family. Julie's birthday is also in October, we will celebrate her birthday as well. A lot of cake in the futur for us... yummy!

We don't have any definite plan as to when and where we are soon going, I will be letting everyone know when we are ready.

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully you won't have to accept a day of being sick while retired, in exchange for every day you were 'sick' at work.

    Get well soon! I need you in shape to bake me some delicious cake this weekend!

    I don't know which photo I like best today. I keep going "oooh, pretty lake" and then "KITTIESSSSSS" and then "ooooh, pretty colors" and then more "KITTIIIIIIIES!"

    - Wicked Witch of the East

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I've just realized that you've replaced the void left by the absence of my beloved sister (who outlasted you in your OWN HOME) with FIVE cats!

    ...why was I only worth one cat?

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Julie. I replaced the parents with a bunch of dust bunnies. An army of them! :D

      Sorry you're sick, pawpaw! Keep those germs away at the camping, y'here me? I don't want to be sick again---too many emails to go through at work when I'm not around!

      - Caro

      Delete
    2. Dear WWE,

      You are not worth less... it's the effect of inflation. Just ask your financial planner!

      Delete
    3. Dear H.T.,

      Don't worry about the bunnies... we will have bunnies stew this weekend :)

      And thanks to have give me your cold grrrr... minus 10 000 on your inherance!

      Delete
    4. Nooooo! My cold was totally not as bad as what you have. You have something completely different. Plus 10 000 on my inheritance!!
      - Haire Toes

      Delete