Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

First Month


This is a big anniversary… one month ago we parked our employee’s card and drove off to the retiree’s boulevard!
There has been a lot of up and down (I’m talking about the highway in Pennsylvania, of course :-) ). So far, I think that we still haven’t grabbed this lifestyle fully. Somewhere in my mind, I must still be in “vacation” mode, I don’t feel like I’m on vacation but it must be.

I dreamt a couple of times about work, those were NOT nightmares! I enjoyed my work, well… less in the last 6 months because the pace was too slow. I also don’t miss the people; this is mainly because I’m staying in touch with them on Facebook…
The first few weeks were about getting ready to travel in our trailer for the next 6 months. Now we are living in our trailer and we can tell that we brought too much stuff, mainly clothing.  We will be correcting that next year… it’s all acquired experiences!

Being on the road is not much different than living at home. You still need to cook, so you still need to do grocery. You have to do laundry. The bills have to be paid. Maintenance has to be done on the house (trailer).
Since we started our journey south (about 10 days ago), we didn’t eat out too often, we have everything to cook delicious meals. We used our BBQ twice; we also have a small electrical toaster oven that we used several times.  There is a propane oven in the trailer but we don’t like using it (you have to go on your knees to light up the pilot, it warms up the trailer too much and it’s really small). Today, I will probably do a roast, outside in the toaster oven, the biggest challenge I can see will be to keep the neighbours away because the smell of the food will be all over the place!

This morning at 05:00, I went to do the laundry. It was not crowded… as a matter of fact, I had all the machines!  It cost $5 total to do 2 loads of washing and drying.  From now on, I’ll try to use less clothing… I might even go commando hahaha

We are moving Monday, the weather for the weekend was calling for rain and cold, so on Friday we removed our sunscreen… an ounce of prevention!

We don’t know where we are going, we should find out tomorrow night when we see where the trailer is parked!

On the family front, our daughters are in Walt Disney for a whole week…  I am sure glad that Franken Storm is going away from them… they should be getting a lot of sun, and a lot of fun!

“I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.”

 

1 comment:

  1. Drying? What luxury! You should find yourself a clothesline or a device like mine and you'll never have to pay for drying clothes again (though the dryer is nice for sheets and towels)! :D

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete