Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Maiden retirement voyage

This is it, I couldn't sit around anymore, this morning, on this third of October 2012, I hitched the trailer and started our maiden retirement voyage.

All Hitched up
You might be wondering where we are going? Maybe Florida, Texas, New Mexico, California.

This summer I have been following closely my good blog-her pal Carolyn. She spent a good part of summer in Washington and Oregon. Those two are definitely on my radar. She kept posting beautiful pictures and meanwhile I was biting my finger nails off with envy. But that will be for another trip :(

But before telling you where we are going, let me tell you a bit about yesterday.

Knowing we were leaving today, even with the flu, we cleaned the trailer. I did the exterior, roof including, while Christiane was taking care of the inside. I filled up the black tank (for the one that doesn't know what I am talking about, it is the tank where the c-a-c-a end up) three times with the hose and flushed it. When you are not flushing regularly, there is some odor that... seem to ferment (do I need to say more?) 

After that we relaxed. I hate to talk about this because it reminds me of my ex-work, but I have been involved with a census. I first thought that we were feeding 5 cats, but, noooooooo, there are seven of those looking-for-a-free-meal cats enjoying our treats. Hopefully my wife won't read this but... I'm thinking about a trip to Costco to get a 50 pounds bag of cat food... This should hold them happy for a week! 

Back to our maiden trip, the weather was perfect, traffic was non-existent, I backed up from my spot, turned around and backed back to our lot in Val-des-Bois. So in total the trailer was moved about twenty feet from it's original location. Exciting isn't it? Hahaha see what happens when retirees have too much time on their hands.

Final destination
 We moved the trailer because my wife's sister Jo and her husband André will be our guests for a few weeks. They are fulltimer and live in their motorhome. As a good host, we let them park by the utilities... see we are NOT all bad!

1 comment:

  1. Your kitties are multiplying! Soon, you'll have 9, then 11, then 13 kitties! Owners will be wondering where their pet fluffy has gone too, not knowing that their cats have escaped the house to help grow the camping horde.

    -WWE

    ReplyDelete