Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Two days for the price of one!


Monday, Oct 22nd
We left Radford around 9:20. Jo and André had already left and we will not see them until we meet in Naples, Florida.

It was another sunny day but the temperature was only 6 C. (43 F.). After getting back on the road it didn’t take long to get warm again.
We entered Tennessee at around 11:00 and stopped at the visitor center. We took all kind of Tennessee documentation and one of them about camping. We chose a camping that was not too far. We had decided that we wanted a break from the road so we drove to Baileyton RV Park and took a site for the week. Why not? After all we have been on the road for 4 days, travelling over 1565 km (939 Miles) in the process. That is a lot of pavement… but we expected it, our goal was to go where the weather was nice. This is one of the main advantages of the RV lifestyle!

Before getting to the camping, we stopped to buy some groceries. I didn’t want to get to our site and then drive away in search of food (it would have reminded me too much about the cave men and their struggle to survive hahaha).
We arrived at the camping and were all setup by 14:00. I’ll talk more about the camping tomorrow.

For supper we broke out our brand new BBQ. We had bought this awesomeness at Sail in Ottawa.

In the following picture, look at those, v-e-g-e-t-a-b-l-e-s in our plates. See now, beloved daughters, you might have thought that all we do is stop at restaurant and eat un-healthy food but no!  hahaha

The wine is to help get the vegetables down!

Total distance for today: 240 KM (144 Miles)
 
Tuesday, Oct 23th
I must have had hitch-itch because when I woke up, I decided to move…
When we arrived at Baileyton RV Park, we were assigned a pull through site, which means you just need to drive in to set up and drive out when you leave. It requires no backing up.
On our site there is a slab of cement to be used as a patio. It is located closer to the front section of the lot. It’s at the right place for a motorhome, but for our trailer, it is not the best place. When we arrived, I set up the trailer so the truck could be parked in front of the trailer and we could hitch and un-hitch without having to be in the road but that meant we only had a third of the pad under our awning. I decided to move the trailer up so that the whole awning would be over the pad. We didn’t even unhook the services, I just backed the truck and we hitched. This was a 10 minutes move, but it made  for better living space for us. We are learning a little bit more about this lifestyle every day! Now the truck is parked at the back of the trailer.
After moving the trailer, we installed the sun screen. I think that we are all settled now. 
 
The park itself is not what you will call a resort. There is nothing… it’s in the middle of nowhere. It is like living in the country. When I went to the office to get our site, I asked the employee if there was anything to do or see around… She told me No! I smiled and was not disappointed; it is just what I was looking for, for the next week. This lifestyle for us is about times when we live out in the country, some other times where we will be close to well-known places, or we might be enjoying a beach view and have a short walk to plant our feet in the sand or playing with the waves… To me it is a question of freedom!
We are close to the washroom and yesterday, I went and took a shower… yes I do that from time to time! Hahaha. It was really clean and I had plenty of hot water. We have a shower in the trailer, but the water heater is small.  The first one in the shower has to be careful of the hot water usage to be sure that the second person has enough and I'm usually the second one in the shower :-( ).  My wife prefers to use our shower and I don’t mind using the camping's provided it is clean.
We each hit a basket of balls at the driving range, here at the camping. We haven’t done that for a while. I don’t think we will turn pro any time soon :-)
 
 
 
We also went to do a little hiking, it was a really short one, we went up the hill and at the end there is a small pond where you can see some fishes swimming. You can fish but it is catch and release only. I just don’t know why someone would go through all the work of fishing and then release the prized fish hahaha
We pretty much just enjoyed the beautiful day, did some reading, some Internet and watched some TV shows. I would say, it was just a perfect day in heaven!
Total distance for today: 3 Meters (9 foot)

2 comments:

  1. A google map! Awesome! I'm so pleased!

    You look far enough away from the ocean that you'll probably be spared by hurricane storm Sandy!

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your supper looks so good. I'm jealous! Great job on the veggies, guys! And that steak. Ooooh, I want steak! Also: there is nothing classier than drinking wine out of greenish plastic glasses!

    -Hairy Toes

    ReplyDelete