Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Nativity Scene (30 Shades of Christmas – 20)



Once I accepted my blazing demise, I collected myself and started a “to do” list. Number one on the list find a place to call home for a while. I asked Ray if he knew of any place available.

“Krissie I have a spare bedroom, why don’t you come live with me until your situation is put out!”

“NO!” I shouldn’t have been so abrupt with him but it was for his own sake. While spending four days with him in the safe, I had dreams about chocking him just for the entertainment value.

“Thank you Ray but I need my privacy. I’ll book a room in a hotel, the insurance should cover it.”

I made a few calls, there were NO rooms available anywhere; there was a librarian/Wed Developer convention in town and they pretty much had booked every thing.

I checked to see if there was any furnished place in the newspaper classified ads. Halleluiah! I found a place on a farm where the barn had been converted into living facilities.

I called and was told I was too late; a couple had beaten me to it. The owner told me it would not have been adequate for me because adjoining to the barn was a noisy donkey and a stinky Ox. The couple who rented the place didn’t care. The lady was about to burst with child and since all the rooms in town were rented already, they couldn’t find anything better. They were just passing through, so if I still needed it, after Christmas to just give them a call, they would see what they could do about the animals.

Coming back to my car I talked to a young boy. He invited me to his home, he was home alone… I didn’t trust him at all; his story was just too strange. Being a responsible adult, I sent two men to check it out.

If there were a roof on the sleigh, I would have just crashed there, but in winter, without a roof over my head, no way! I might as well live under a bridge.

I had only one option left, move in to the shop. It’s the busiest time of the year and the shop is running twenty four hours a day.  I know it will be inconvenient but at least, I’ll be warm. 




To be continued…

3 comments:

  1. How can you want to choke poor Ray? He's adorable!

    - Hairy Toes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, several parts to your story sounded VERY familiar...

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story reminds me of something...hmmm...wonder what it is?

    ReplyDelete