Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Muffin Man (30 Shades of Christmas – 19)



You don’t truly appreciate freedom until you’ve lost it in a safe…
Now that I am free, I would like to say something meaningful, significant and inspiring, but I didn’t find anything so I’ll just bore you with the continuation of my story!



The first thing Ray and I enjoyed after our captivity was food. We didn’t count calories, didn’t care about the bites size, didn’t waste time sitting down, didn’t even care about using utensils, we just stuffed ourselves till it hurt!

Second joyful moment was the toilet. It was the most comfortable seat I had the pleasure to enjoy in four days!

Usually in December we work seven days a week and when I say “we” I mean Ray. I’m the boss! In my new found liberty, I decided to give Ray the day off. I’m sure the poor thing needed to watch his soaps on TV.

Before he left I warned him to stay out of trouble. I didn’t want him to encounter Officer Malone (AKA Grinch). We didn’t want the Grinch knowing his plan had failed and give him time to derail Christmas again.

I went downtown.  I was on the lookout for any police car. Talk about respecting the speed limits.

When it was time to return, I stopped at the muffin man store. It’s on Berry Lane. Do you know the muffin man? 

It’s a small shop so I was not afraid to run into Officer Malone there. Him being a cop and all, he must be more inclined to go to the donut place, right?

AND WHOSE CAR DID I SEE STOPPING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE STORE? Ray’s, he’s also a patron of the muffin man.

“Krissie I’m so glad to have found you. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your house is burning down! I saw smoke and went to check where it was coming from. By the time I reached your house the flames were coming out the windows. The entire fire department was just sitting there, looking, they couldn’t do anything; the fire hydrant seemed to be frozen. I also saw the Grinch, he didn’t see me but I could see his face being illuminated with a smile.”

I am so in shock, 12 days before Christmas and I am homeless, I have no where to go. Does any one out there have a spare Ginger House for me?

Is it my destiny to be like the little match girl? I’ll warm myself with matches till I have no more and then my grandmother will carry me to heaven? I know I am a drama queen right now, but I can’t help it, my future is going down in a blaze of fire.


To be continued…

3 comments:

  1. Awww, sorry about the house! Hopefully some muffins will cheer you up?

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing the Grinch started that fire. That's pretty extreme even for him. Or maybe not. He is a really mean one, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a spare bedroom if you want. Otherwise...I'm sure Ray will let you stay over. ;D

    - Hairy Toes

    ReplyDelete