Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Have you has ever been!

Last month, when I started writing my blog, being French, I knew that my syntax would need some (a lot) work. I also knew that I need to work on the tense of verbs. So sometimes (most of the times), I confuse: have, has, have been…

This reminds me when we were in Germany. We didn’t have a phone. One evening, a couple friends of us came by and invited us to go to their place to watch couple of movies. Having nothing to do and then getting an invitation… we run there before they had the chance to reconsiderJ. I don’t remember how long we were there, but later when we left we were at the door and I told them: “Thank you, it was a boring evening!” and I smile at them. They smiled back. My wife, always one to drive my nail further in my coffin said: “What did you say?” –Since when do I remember what I say… but I did and told her: “I said, thank you it was a boring evening!” “What do you mean?” said she who would not let that go. By then I’m wondering if she is suddenly hard of hearing. I told her: “It was a boring evening before they invite us!” She looked at our friends and told them that what I mean was that it would have been a boring evening. Sorry to tried to be social dear! ha ha

For the one that still care… it’s Friday. The weather is a warm 0° C. (32° F.), there is a little bit of snow coming down. But it’s nothing to blog about (but I did anyway, how rude of me J). We are supposed to see that bright yellow light in the sky this weekend.

Saturday, my daughter (the wicked witch from the East) is coming back from her trip to Spain. Her planes should be on schedule. She will stay with us less than 24 hours before going back to Moncton. She seems to have a great time, she even went to the beach, wearing shorts, the Spanish were wearing coat…

If you are smiling... you has been happy! 

2 comments:

  1. If I just get through the connection in Zurich okay, the trip back home should be less eventful than the trip here... but less fun to tell people about (not always a bad thing). :)

    - WWWTTE

    ReplyDelete