Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 2



This is the second week of my goal of loosing 60 pounds.

For the first 20 weeks, my goal was to loose 1 pound per week. However, we are going on a cruise in May. I have never been on one, but from what I read and heard… food keep you a float :). To compensate, I change my goal to a weekly lost of 1.5 pound, knowing that on the cruise it will all adjust back and should be within my 1 pound a week goal. You have to be adaptable in life!

Total weight lost:5.8 pounds
Week 1: 3.2 pounds
Week 2: 2.6 pounds

The weight lost for this week is still over my weakly goal, I'll take it! I will post picture of my sexy-self ha ha every 4 weeks. I think my pant have more room, must be the elastic wearing off!

All my life, I worked on keeping my weight down (keeping my BMI under 25). I always managed my weight by exercising, nothing like running several miles, to keep ahead of the pounds race. Dieting was for sissies…  in my view.

Now that my over muscle body can’t pound the pavement… dieting is for the mentally strong people ha ha. Actually, by tracking every thing I eat, it makes it easy to know every day where I stand.

I have a really sweet tooth some might say it’s the whole denture… one more things that is my problem, I’m so weak in front of a loaves of bread. I always know if I can afford to eat any of these, or I can plan to cut on few carrots stick to get a piece of cake.

So far, the hardest thing for me to do was to decide to loose the weight. Following that, it was to implement an easy plan to follow. I also have my own personal coaches and cheerleaders (at home). I also have this blog that motivated me in so many ways.

Once the decision is taken, I don’t fight it, mentally it makes a whole difference in the attitude. Before I manage the weight strictly by exercising, if I get hurt/was sick and couldn’t run, I was loosing the race. Now by changing my alimentation, there is no reason why I wouldn’t reach my goal. After loosing my first 20 pounds, I will start on a physical program, this will be low impact, with the goal of getting in shape NOT of loosing weight.

If you are smiling... your face is lighter!



9 comments:

  1. Bravo! Le pire c'est de commencer. Maintenant tu est sur ta vitesse de croisiere. Bon vent!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, est-ce que c'est un typo et tu as voulu dire bon vin!! ha ha

      Delete
  2. That's right, pawpaw! You exercise so your body can be healthy, but you change your eating habits in order to drop the pounds! :)

    I am proud of you and of mom!

    - Caro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caro it's easy to do with cruella watching the kitchen cabinet!!!

      Hey you didn't say anything about water!

      OverFlowMe

      Delete
    2. Water is good for, uhm...hydration. And all that... do de doo...

      Delete
  3. Richard, Richard!
    He’s our man!
    If he can’t do it!
    Nobody can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cricket, Cricket!
      She's my women!
      If she does it!
      So I am!

      Delete
  4. Congrats, you're doing a great job! You're already at about 10% of your goal weight loss! Whoo!

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete