Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Time travel to summer


Tomorrow forecast is for 10 cm (4 inchs) of the white fluffy hellish stuff that is coming from clouds (not the nine one). So it seems to me, appropriate to start thinking about summer – I know it make no sense, I’m a senseless man in a frozen… state of mind :)

After talking with my wife about this summer 10 fun fill days of RV rallying… she call shotgun on the passenger seat. How could she refuse? 10 wonderful days with the author of those lines, she should be paying extras for the opportunity ha ha

The rally is in Montmagny, about an hour east from my hometown of Québec, and is by the St-Laurent River. This is the river that brings the water from the great lakes to the Atlantic Ocean. It is also a river that has Whales visiting (it’s a big one!).

There will be shows every night. Some country (of course it is a RV rally!), some music form local artists, but also one show at the beginning with André-Philippe Gagnon. For the one that are not too sure who this is… he went to the Carson show couple of decades ago and was doing the “We are the world” and imitating all the voices in the song. He also had his show running several years in Vegas… I can’t comment on that: What happen in Vegas… you know!

Gregory Charles will close the RV shows; this is an artist really big in the province of Québec, he is knows for “I think of you". He also spends a lot of time touring in New-York .

There will also be several workshops on RV mater, and visits of touristy stuff.

I’m already excited, but there is more in the planning…

If we don’t get an early retirement coming now, we also decided to take 2 weeks without pay to visited New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island.

One of our daughters live in New Brunswick and we will also have her sister coming with us. So we could spend something like at least a week the whole family in our trailer and have a nice vacation.

After our week, our daughter living in Ottawa would fly from New Brunswick and my wife and I would spend more time visiting the area.

This will give us a month of vacation, we haven’t done that too often and would be a nice way of practicing retirement life!

4 comments:

  1. What? I was never informed of this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oups sorry about that... I should have been more specific, I meant the other wife... the one that is "nice with me"

      Delete
  2. What? We'll be in the trailer for a week? I was not informed of this... but I accept. We're going to have an awesome time!

    I can't wait to show you Hopewell rocks, and Cap Enragé, and the giant lobster, and the PEI bridge (I've heard a rumor that we will actually cross that bridge.. when we get to it), and visit Costco using your card (haha... I'm kidding... or am I?), and do zip lines somewhere fun.

    - WWE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be fooled, guys! The giant lobster is not all that giant and it's not a real lobster!!!

      - Caro

      p.s. Is it just me or are the Capchas getting harder?

      Delete