Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 5

This is the fourth week of my goal of loosing 60 pounds.

For the first 20 weeks, my goal is to loose 1.5 pound per week.

Total weight lost: 10.8 pounds
Week 1: 3.2 pounds
Week 2: 2.6 pounds
Week 3: 1.2 pound
Week 4: 1.6 pound
Week 5: 2.2 pounds

See the weight plan is still in force. It’s going a little better than plan, I might go to McDonald to slow down the process. Just a joke Cruella!

I gave up on trying to reach my water limit… I hate that liquid stuff! I drink a lot more, this is an improvement, no?

Boy Sunday the weather took a turn for the worse… From a “mild” 0° C (32° F.), it went to -15° C (5 ºF) in a couple of hours. This really makes it cold to shovel the shit-uation of the previous Friday snow fall.

We spend the weekend at the trailer, Friday snow was a nice sight… at the beginning! After a while, I was a little worry about having to wait for spring before being able to get out of our lot. Saturday, I started to work on my tax return; I owe the government some money… discussing!

There is silence over the trouble water and there is my silence and even the trouble water would be freeze over.

I'll blame it to whoever decided that a day will only be 24 hours! I started reading a blog from Glen (To simplify) and I’m so taken by his story that my mind is in a reading mode, not the best to generate some writing of my own!

I also read a lot of the comments that he generated, and one comment that kept popping up is in the style “I catches up on your blog and…” All the blogs I read so far, rarely someone mentioned that they read the whole thing. He got this mentioned almost weekly. I’ll add mine when I reach the end of my ‘catching up’ I’m still a whole year of reading to do. I’m not in a hurry; I like to savour slowly his blog!

In March 2011, he made first page of the LA times, following that, he got a “spike” in people reading his blog. The spike was in the thousand and then it went back to only 500-600 readers a day! Poor Glen his fame past… maybe he could take example on me, I get some day spike in the 10 (not thousand) persons… LOL and it gets me excited… if I would get in the hundreds… would my heart stop?

9 comments:

  1. Outstanding, Richard... almost 11 pounds! I thought I had Glen's blog added to my blog list but you keep saying stuff about him and I wondered I haven't received any new posts notifications!

    And, so well... I have his blog bookmarked but not on my blog roll!

    He's in my part of the country and it's really fun to get his perspective. The backroads are really something in that area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn,

      I am 'lightlier' proud LOL.

      To use one of your word... Glen is stellar :), I am reading from his first post on, I try not to have a peek to now, before I catch up with him (between you and I, I do look sometime at what he's up to).

      Delete
  2. I guess your weekend was a little...tax-ing. BOOYAH!

    - Caro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight lost!

    I am having a TERRIBLE time with my taxes. It's all the fault of Québec! They are all "oh no, you don't need file your taxes here if you moved to another province before December 31st, you can just fill out this mysterious form which is easily obtainable in a bank branch that exists only in Québec".

    So I go to their website to try and find the #$!##/$ form, and their website is all "oh, that form doesn't exist here, go to that stupid bank branch in Québec for it. By the way, here is a list of exceptions that force you to file taxes in Québec even if you moved to another province, and it is slightly different from the printed list of exceptions we sent you for absolutely no logical reason other than the fact that we find confusing people funny -- and by the way, we thought that telling you online that you need to file a tax return if you had to pay into the public medication insurance thing we have going on here would be HILARIOUS".

    "Oh, but of course, you don't need to PAY anything if you were studying full time and were younger than 26 at the time you were in the public medication insurance thing... but we're not going to tell you if that means you still need to file your taxes here or not, and if you also have to do it in the province where you did reside on December 31st, or what portion of the year we're expecting you to include. Have a GREAT day!"

    - WWE

    P.S. I'm all caught up on your blog pawpaw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ta retraite seras une journee plus tard en francais?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hum je vois que Madame a de l'observation... et oui les deux horloges ne sont pas synchronisé... une chance qu'elles ne sont pas dans une compétition olympique (nage synchronisé haha)

      Je me suis aperçu de ça à matin (à 05:00), s'il faut, je vais travailler une journée de plus juste pour ne pas perdre toute crédibilité que je pourrais avoir avec mes concitoyen français :))

      Delete
  5. Peut etre que les anglais n'ont pas de 29 fevrier!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juste pour vous vikink... les horloges sont en sync!

      Si c'est pas du service ça :)

      Delete
  6. Merci! Tu viens de me remettre les pendules a l'heure. Je me sens mieux.

    ReplyDelete