Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Blogging for Dummy!!!

Blogging is best learned by blogging...and by reading other bloggers. - George Siemens




Hooray! Today is the first anniversary of this blog… One week old! I never thought that it would last that long, always expected to get kicked out of this blogging world. But No! Still kicking and typing away...

To say the least, I feel really humble by the traffic building up to read what I post. If you were to ask any teachers that ever crossed my path in high school, they would probably tell you that I hated writing (they might even say that they were not aware that I knew how to write) … But, you know what; I’m starting to enjoy this exercise more and more. This gives me the opportunity of using my creativity in a healthy way.

It’s interesting to watch the blog’s statistics.  So far, there are 4 persons from Ukraine that found their way here… and 1 German! Most readers are from Canada and in second come the States.

There are side effects to blogging, my wife and my daughter, the one who still lives at home, are more conscious around me about what they say or do… it is really incredible to see that everyone (including myself) are in a better mood (and it’s the middle of winter), we are all looking for “humour” moments. In other words, it channels our attention toward smiling instead of just getting through the winter days and those dark moods.

I can’t tell you how many times my wife or my daughter does something and I will threaten them that if they continue, I’ll post something about it… Their face just brightens so much and they get into “the game” of pretending. Just so funny!

In my profile you might have noticed that I’m a French Canadian. You might wonder why I write in English. Most of my “working life” has been in an English environment. I feel more comfortable using English (in writing) than French. When we retire, I might take a shot at writing a French Blog… we’ll see.

I am learning the blogging skill. Yesterday I noticed how to change the font and colour of the text. This might have looked easy for anyone that blogs but I was not focused on the appearance, I was focused on the “entertaining” aspect… So I’m growing and I will be doing some more “testing” in the next few posts.

In the past 10 years, I was always really captivated by the beginning of those who adopt the RV fulltimer lifestyle, I will get into more details about that later but as a heads up… every thing we will do toward retirement will be described in the blog. I just hope it will help someone, somewhere, and if it’s someone in Ukraine, good for you J

I will also be “working” on a style to describe events; I might go to the grocery store and blog about it… wouldn’t that be exciting! So if you see things that in appearance seem “mundane”, it’s just that I am trying things out (you are my guinea pigs ha ha). Any feed back from readers would be appreciated (both positive and negative), I opened the comment box to everyone, including anonymous posting!

Yesterday I blogged about the clients at work… guess what, few hours after I posted, one of my client came by my office and gave me a gift! Thanks Élaine, I joke a lot but I really think you guys are the best clients and that I am so lucky to be your programmer.


If you are smiling… you are contagious!



6 comments:

  1. I love the "If you are smiling... you are contagious". This is so true!

    :)
    Moi

    ReplyDelete
  2. One whole week and counting! Congratulations ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn and Anonymous, thank you, the baby is trying to behave... But too often it's out of control :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake makes me hungry. I think I should go make myself a cake to celebrate this important milestone in the life of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To the anonymous getting hungry on a picture... maybe you should go back home, I'm sure your parent would feed you cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake is a lie!

    ReplyDelete