Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 1





This is the first week of my goal of loosing 60 pounds. After the whole week, I can affirm that I survive…

For the first 20 weeks, my goal is to loose 1 pound per week. Those should be really easy to do.

Total weight lost week 1: 3.2 pounds

This is considerably over what I had planned… but it is what I expected. It will stabilize somewhat in a few weeks, I’m sure.

I didn’t find it difficult; using Spark people is really helpful. I have to record everything I eat; Spark People keep the total of the calories consumed. There is a running total for the day and I always know when I’m getting close to my daily maximum.

During that past week, I had room for wines, and chocolate covered almond. I didn’t eat half of the bag of chocolate, a good thing we bought some kitchen scale and measure reasonable portions. No returning trip, but it was plenty! If at the end of the day, I don’t have room, I would not eat anything. This didn’t happen once last week, I always had plenty of rooms.

One smiling portion of chocolate covered almond
Just in case Cruella is reading this, I drank every day 8 cups of water (NOT!!!), I really have problem drinking that much in a day. I will try to do better but, it seems that sitting at work, I drink a lot more than in the weekend.

The suitcase of my daughter (in Spain) was lost on transit. They found it and delivered it to her hotel. Ouf! she doesn’t have to just go without change of clothes for the week. We are not getting much news from her, she has Internet, however she doesn’t have an adaptor for the electricity. Her notebook has a battery life of 6 hours, so she really is saving it the most she can. If you never been in Europe, the electrical plug are different from the one we have in North America, and the electricity over there is 220 Volts / 50 cycles and here it is 110 Volts / 60 cycles. Her notebook can operate on both voltages, all she need is a $19.95 adaptor that you can buy at Walmart grrrr.

For the next 2 pictures, ladies please remember I am married!


 

7 comments:

  1. kootchie kootchie koooo ... tickle your little tummy.... HAHaaaaa...

    Who doesn't love cuddly tummies... going to be really interesting to follow your weight loss...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs robinson, I knew you will appreciate ha ha

      Delete
  2. Those better be chocolate-covered almonds this time!

    - Caro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caro let's just say they were fresh...
      and I took the picture on the kitchen table...

      Delete
    2. So it could still go either way!

      Delete
  3. Whoo, congrats on the weight loss! Yes, I was pretty pleased to get my luggage... was like opening gifts at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete