Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weight coachs

A healthy male adult bore consumes each year one and a half times his own weight in other people's patience.  - John Updike

Friday night met with Cruella the weight coach… she wants me to drink 8 cups of water a day, coffee/beer/wine won’t do. I know what you are thinking:  “call 911 she wants to drown him” What the heck… 8 cups of water is she serious? Please if anything happens to me CALL the insurance there is something fishy and it is not coming from the fish and chips!

Now if that was not terrible enough… apparently I will have to log into Spark People every thing I eat… The site will tell me when I reach my daily limit. What about if after breakfast I have reached my limit?? “Dad you still have the water” grrrrrr I’m actively looking for a new coach, I think the interview should be done at Pizza Hut –I heard that there is an outstanding buffet!

My immediate goal for the next 20 weeks is to loose 20 pounds. You don’t need to get the calculator out… I did a quick mental calculation and it will be 1 pound a week. This is one third of my goal. But, it is the easiest. I am not planning to accomplish that by exercising…

I am really not in shape to start an exercise program. I used to run 10 km (6 miles) and really enjoyed this time. I stopped because my knees were starting to show signs of early deterioration… If I had kept it up, today I might be walking like a 60 years old man ha ha ha

To loose all those muscle (ya right!), I will be changing my bad eating habits. I will probably go all the way to the dark side and have a lot of vegetables and fruits. Yesterday I was talking about bear ‘poop’… now… let’s not go there, I wouldn’t want to loose readers tooJ. I DECIDED to change my habits; I am a bit of an excessive person, so to me it is easier to have a routine than have choices available.

For breakfast, every working day, I will have yogurt, cereal and some berries. NO coffee, nothing wrong with a cup of coffee but when I drink my coffee… muffins, donuts, toasts just seems to find their way to my mouth. It is easier to not be tempted than fighting temptation (I am NOT an exorcist to fight those temptations off!!)  

For lunch, soup with lots of vegetables, some beans, and some meat. If Cruella doesn’t know… I might get one (of the biggest in the bag I can find) soda crackers. Now if anyone at work sees me cheating… I authorize you to write to my coach: Cruella@DontEatThat.com   

Last meal (not as ever) will be our regular meal, but I will measure the quantities and only eat what I am allowed.

My coach has an assistant, the Wicked Witch of the East. If you read the post  let me get a load off, she made a long comments, she seems really reasonable. DON’T GET FOOLED by her! She was telling me to go ahead eat what I want, allow some treats if I want, but in no way she meant it. It’s only her way to start controlling my mind. Between meals, I’ll have ‘healthy” snacks, nothing else. Ah ah Wicked you will need to find other ways.   

If I reach my weekly goal of a pound, my daughter said that as a reward, I could get an extra 2 carrots sticks… I heard about the carrot and stick… I had to do more research about carrots… I learned that it’s the vegetable you give to horses as a treat… neiiight for me Cruella!

If you are smiling… nothing wrong with that!!!

7 comments:

  1. Cruella a omis de te dire qu'il y a aussi les glacons que tu peux sucer a volonte. Chanceux, pour au moins 2 mois, il y en a partout autour de toi et c,est gratos. Sans compter qu'avec les microbes qu'il y a la-dedans tu peut gagner une tourista carabinee qui pourras te faire perdre tes une livre pour au moins 3 semaines de conge de diete!!!!Apres ca, tu diras que je ne suis pas la meilleure de tes belles soeurs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quelle bonne idée les glacons!

      Mais pour les microbes... mon corps est si délicat... je pense que je vais faire de la glace donc le congélateur à place! Combien de temps ça prend au vin blanc pour geler? :))

      Delete
  2. What do you mean: "If I reach my weekly goal of a pound" If? Don't make me call Cruella and the Wicked Witch of the East...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleeeeeeeeeeese don't call them... I mean I will exceed my goal...

      Delete
  3. My blog updater thing says there hasn't been a post from you in a couple of days then you popped up a bit ago and I've missed a couple of posts!

    My blog lies! It's done this before... gotta keep a mindful eye out!

    Oh, boo and hiss on losing weight. I'm so tired of fighting that battle... but good for you. a noble goal. losing weight for retirement.

    I no longer care if I look good in a bathing suit... HAHAaaaa... sigh --- I just want to feel good and be able to get up once I get down.

    Of course, that's also old age creeping up ... I recently decided I'd sit on a pier and dangle m'feet off... I can certainly get down but the getting up?! Thank goodness there was a sweet guy nearby who helped me up! embarrassing... hate that.

    Well, Richard... good luck... I want to begin a daily exercise of some sort. walking is what I have in mind. I won't own a scale... it lies too ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn,

      I think Blogger has some problem... yesterday I tried to post a comment on your blog but it would not appear. But other person posted! For a while, I thought you had found a yourger dude and you block me ha ha ha

      I almost started to comment on something you write... but it is in tomorrow post and I would have jump too fast. Holding my tongue for now.

      Walking is really all we need to do, it will do overall a lot more than anything else.

      Delete
  4. Did you miss me? I didn't comment on this post... can I blame Blogger too?

    I vaguely remember your post making me hungry, I think I forgot all about you while preparing myself supper!

    ReplyDelete