Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Journal entry 20120108 in a galaxy near you

“A page of my journal is like a cake of portable soup. A little may be diffused into a considerable portion.” - James Boswell
One of the purposes of blogging will be to keep a journal… I think that if Captain James T. Kirk was keeping one of his travelling it must be good for any one too. I never had a journal, like a lot of things, this will be my first attempt, but hey everything start by a first!

So this is the very birth of it… and I am already several days late with posting J

Friday I picked up my wife after work to go to the trailer. Previously, during my lunch time, I had been home to pack the car with stuff for our weekend – Now this is a personal comment… About 20 years ago, I read several books from Zig Zigglar, he cracked me up, he was asking why do we call that a weekend, it should be a strongend hahaha I know for the retired people out there, this might be hard to understand… there is no end nor beginning to your week haha -    

Last spring, we bought a brand new park model trailer 40 feet by 12, there is everything that we need in it. It is parked on our lot at Camping Lac Vert, located in Val-des-Bois, Québec. This is a small village located about an hour drive from Ottawa. The front window faces the lake, mind you it is not a large lake, and it is a lake that is fed by internal source. No gas motor boat is allowed on it, so it is really peaceful.



Both the trailer and the lot were bought as part of our plan for retirement. We will be staying here 6 months out of a year. I know that the fulltimer out there would think that we are selling our soul… so go ahead if you want you can call us halftimer hahaha.  


Now this might be a shocker… we live in Canada, and it is winter… like the radio was saying in the movie Groundhog day… it is cold out there! So at the trailer we have electricity (we have our own meter) but they cut the water in the early fall. So far, most of the strongend are spent here, and we manage the water issue with Gerry can. I know what you are thinking: “what about the toilet?”… Good question!  We have an “out house”… that is, there are toilets in the main building, complete with shower. They also installed a hose inside so that we can fill the Gerry’s… Sacrifice that we must make in camping! LOL 
My wife is not crazy about getting out and going to the front office, so we have also a portable toilet (I want to say shitter… but I don’t want to sound vulgarJ)



Because of the holiday, we didn’t come for 2 weeks. When we arrived, the place was completely changed, the lake was frozen solid and there is about a foot of snow covering the ground.

We keep the key of the trailer in the car and when we arrived we realized that they were NOT there… this could really ruin someone’s weekend, but… in the fall I had hidden a set and knew I could retrieve that set out!!! So got the spare set, got to the door, and couldn’t insert the key in the lock, the other set was still in there!

We don’t keep heat in the trailer when we are not in, so the inside temperature was minus 4 degrees… brrrr it took over an hour for the place to warm up. We have a propane furnace and also several electrical heaters, but the entry to the trailer is 30 Amp, that means I can’t run every thing at the same time. So when it is cold, we use propane to warm up the place and then we switch to electrical. While the trailer was warming up, I was warming up outside shovelling a small path so that we could take stuff from the car to the trailer without having to walk into the white fluffy sh** (french for snow).



Saturday we went for a walk, we met with all the other crazy enough people that just won’t stay away from the camping. I am really bad with names, so I will just mentioned them here for now (Hélène/Luc, Line/James and Guylaine/Gilles)  Wow I’m impressing myself with my mad skill of remembering… I thought I would start to name them and then I would not remember half and wait for my wife to get up and ask her. She is still sleeping, it is 5:30… so if you comment please don’t do it too loud J they were around a fire, not for the smores… (it is cold out there) doing exactly what we do in the summer around the fire… drinking some liquid that doesn’t freeze, sharing stories, and eating goodies…

When we came back to our trailer, I filled up a basket with feed for the deer that come to visit. Around 21:00, we were visited by 2 looking for a free meal. I can’t take picture of them, they are camera shy and they only come at night…  As you can see in the picture, the white blob on the side is the sales tag, I left it there so that my deer know how much we care about them and that maybe, maybe, they would not get scare whenever they hear a burp or a fart from inside the trailer.



Today we are  probably going to leave around 11:00 – Caroline get the party people out and make sure there are no empties all over the house hahaha as if!

The next post should be about my wife, but this might not interest anyone else. I will just post it because I am a brown-noser but will give you now the short version: The first time I met my wife, she was drunk surrounded by a pack of blood hungry wolf, I jump in the middle armed only with a toothpick, fought them off. She has been grateful ever since. The end. Hahahaha I might be spending a lot of time in the out house for that one…  

If you are smiling… you are exercising the right muscles!

2 comments:

  1. Looks serene, Richard but coooold. drunk surrounded by wolves... um hmm ... can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Carolyn it is really serene... in the winter! In the summer, another story... I'll post on that sometime. For my wifes... hahaha I didn't intended to post right away, I'm letting her steam a bit before. I might have not given facts when I mentionned drunk or the wolves LOL. For now, the posts are only for entertainment, there is not much about content.

    ReplyDelete