Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Wait weight


Please do not make fun of my sign, also it's freshly pain so don't touch!

If you have been watching TV yesterday, there was a special news bulletin that announced my decision…. If you have no idea what I’m talking about… you might want to scroll down to the next post and come back after.

It has been 24 hours… I am starting to shake, sweat is pouring from all pores, I am fighting with all my will to carry on… Just to tell you how bad it is… I fed my cat this morning and those nibbles… looked pretty good to me! The cat was keeping an eye on them; I guess trust is an issue between her and me now! What’s worse… I didn’t change any thing yet… I’m encouraging myself… just 21 more months to go! Arghhhh

Why wasn’t I born as a bear? Why was my mother not mama bear? You go to bed… when you get up… Tada it is all gone… you go for breakfast, couples of juicy berries, couples of swimming salmons, couples of running tourists… mium mium.

It just reminds me of a story I read from Howard at http://www.rv-dreams-journal.com/. This is from memory… so it might be a little off… but as I remember: He was talking about an organized trip that he and his wife Linda took in the wilderness (pretty sure it was Alaska). Arriving at the site, the staff gathered everyone to give them information and safety tips before anyone ventured on a hike.

One of the safety briefings was about bears; in that area, there are brown bears and Grizzly bears. Bears being territorial animals, they were told that before going too far they should observe what kind of bear territory they were in. (I can tell you that got my attention, my wife and I will probably do a lot of hiking in the wood and I was taking notes.)

They were told that while hiking they should make some noise… some people will keep little bell tied to their shoes. This way bears can hear them from far away. Also, as a last resort, you can buy those bottles of cayenne pepper spray use it on an attacking bear.

I don’t know for you, but I had no clue how to distinguish bear territories… They were told that the best way to tell was to look for bear poop… I hope you guys had your breakfast as it is getting a little graphic here.

The brown bear ‘poop’ is smaller, and has a little acrid smell. If you look closely, you should be able to see some un-digested berries.

The grizzly’s ‘poop’ is much bigger, it has a cayenne smell and if you look closely, you can see un-digested bells. I just love this story!

Loosing weight is really easy… Your body is like a bank, and I can tell you I deposited a lot of dough! Before there is a bank crash… all I need to do is start withdrawing capital and interest. I still will need to do some deposit, otherwise I’d ended up with really deep bank fees… Every Tuesday’s post, I will give my ‘bank statement’, I will also share every new bank policy, penalty, administration. EVERY THING! I won’t wear nylon over my head going to the cashier…

Maybe some of you are wondering… Is he doing that just so that he has something to blog about? Could be! I can’t tell you that right away… I want to keep some suspense… it is not a: I show you mine, you show me yours.


If you are smiling… raise your hands this is a stick up!!!

2 comments:

  1. If I ever get mauled by a bear enraged by the annoying sound made by the little bells attached to my sneakers, it will be a great comfort to me to be able to tell my rescuers how to be able to tell if it was a brown bear or a grizzly bear.

    Assuming, of course, that the first thing the bear does is sneak up behind me and rip out my eyes.

    Thank you so much for sharing this wisdom with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Anonymous,

    I want this blog to be a great source of information. If someone learn something today and I help... my mission was successful.

    Tomorrow or someother day... why did the chicken crossed the road!

    ReplyDelete