Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

It’s all about my wife


Have you ever listened to the radio?  For the younger people, it is that thing that might wake you up in the morning… you know the one with the snooze button that you over use and you still don’t get up. If we can’t pick on kids, who’s left!

Every day from the time after I drop my wife to work, I listen to the radio, and, every day they say: “Up next the sports”. Then they go to commercials, after about half an hour of that (it seems that long to me), they will go to the news, following it, the commentator starts talking about any thing, then traffic, back to commercial. Finally, by the time I have my flasher activated to go to my parking, the sports come up! Of course the sports are given in this order: Football, baseball, tennis, golf, fishing, extreme knitting, curling and finally a real sport HOCKEY. My interest in sports is completely in the opposite order than this list. So most days, I don’t get to listen to what I was expecting to hear. I understand that the radio is building up expectation so that we stay tuned longer…

Yesterday, I DID the same thing Haha… I told you that today I would talk about my wife… but it is such a sensitive subject – I sleep with the woman, every night, I close my eyes and fall a sleep, in the morning I open my eyes and I’m still breathing. If I start picking on her... I might go into a deeper sleep that I intended to… just tooooo easy to have “by accident” a pillow smother you!

I am sorry to whoever might have told their spouse, children, priest, etc. that Richard will be giving the good, the bad and the ugly about his wife… I built the story up, but I will keep her for another day (probably tomorrow hahaha I wonder if I can do that twice)

So instead I will talk about Dash. She is our cat, we are really proud of her, as a matter of fact, anyone in this household would jump in front of a speeding… mouse to protect her! I already posted about my kids, you know the lot I had to endure for this past 26 years. We didn’t choose them, they just dropped on us suddenly, but for our cat I went to the animal shelter to adopt her. I still remember the first time I had her in my arms… love would just not be a strong enough word.


Beauty and the beast!

We had decided to adopt a cat because we had room, our daughter Julie had just left to attend university far far away (13 hours on a train), and we had a free room. We were suffering from withdrawal and were also upset about her departure. She just left and didn’t train me on how to program that strange box below the tv that recorded our favourite shows.


Dash doing her favorite activity

I asked the attendant about the cat’s gender, he blew on her private parts and told me it was a female… no ultrasound needed, he could tell (it is so easy with cats). The problem arised when I got home, the adopting paper said it was a male… 6 weeks later, we had it fixed. I was not expecting to be asked the gender by the veterinarian when I called to take the appointment. sheeeshhh you would think that a veterinarian didn’t need to ask! I told them that I didn’t know. They gave me the appointment anyway, I was happy to learn that the first scientific test (blowing on the private) was right… it was a female. If she had been a He, being myself a male and having never experienced it, but knowing what it involved… I’m just not sure, I would not have taken the cat and run (us male have to stick together).

Some statistic about a cat if you ever think of getting one. Please keep in mind that the result might vary from one beast to the other:



I am dreaming of a white... mouse!

How many times did we need to get our cat from someone else yard? In almost 5 years… NOT ONE time!
How many times did we bail her out of jail: Zero, nada, never
How many times did we have to attend school merit’s ceremony: Never (This is a big plus compare to our kids)
How many times did I clean after her after she got drunk and threw up all over: another 0
How much money did she save: She couldn’t care less about money, she think that if it is not a tasty treat or a mouse, it has NO value

Sorry about the foot, it is Caroline's. I am just glad Caroline that you had shave your toes before taking the picture!

If you are smiling… don’t take your passport’ picture today!

2 comments:

  1. aw.... hey to Dash! Hahaaa ... love cats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I love the expression on her face in that last pic! Funny!

    ReplyDelete