Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Escape the ford!


In the past 10 years, I have had lots of experience reading blogs. The first blog I started to read was from Malias Miles. If memory serves me right, at the time, she was on her way to Alaska. Malia was my first “Virtual crush”. She could describe places in such a way that I always felt like I was sitting in her motorhome. I think that she is one of the “superstar” of the blogging world!

In 2001, she quitted her job, bought a motorhome and started a journey that dreams are made of. She also travels alone (well there is a catJ)…  that’s a gutsy lady!

This past summer (2011), she has been to Michigan. If it was not from that white cold stuff that covers that state, she probably would still be there. She is a fulltimer, few years back she started to slow down and now, she lives in her motorhome all yearround and travels a little less. This is why her blog is not updated as regularly.

As a dingy, she has a Ford Escape … if you don't know what a dingy is, in short, a dingy is a car pulled with a motorhome. She purchased it for that purpose, she did all kind of research and talked with all the right people, but boy does she regret that purchase.! She had so many problems, from needing to replace the transmission to having an axle that fell off… If you consider buying a Ford Escape, I’ll invite you to read her blog; there is a section just about that: Ford Escape.

I started to comment on her blog… 9 years without commenting and then I took my keyboard and pounded a couple of replies. I'll tell you a secret… comments are one of the biggest rewards of blogging. So, thank you to every one that takes the time to comment. It is also fine if you just stop by and read the blog, that's plenty encouraging.

Back to me…

This is Tuesday morning, you are all expecting to get my score card about that goal of mine to lose 60 pounds. You were not paying attention, nanana. I did say that I was starting on Monday, but since I write my blogs a day in advance, to me today is Monday. There will not be any result before next week.  

So, this is where I'm starting from:  This morning I weighed myself… the scale was scare of me stepping on it… the numbers just kept going around and around. I was expecting to see “TILT” displayed. After some ‘light’ seconds, I finally had a number (217.6)… so next week target: 216.6! I didn’t have coffee, toast, muffins or doughnut. Talk about being committed…  I drank 8 cups of water (thanks Cruella)… It is cold outside… I’m scared… What if all that liquid freezes inside me…

As planned, at lunch, I enjoyed (took me a while to find the right verb) a vegetable soup. Cruella told me in confidence that I can have a hamburger bun with it. Why a burger bun? She noticed that those buns are low in calories and still fill you up. I didn’t argue with her, just in case she decides that she is going to increase the amount of water I have to drink.

So this is day one… there is only 21 months, 8 days, 5 hours to go J



9 comments:

  1. Today, you need to drink 9 cups of water. :)

    - Caro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks coach... I'll do what you say... I'll just use smaller cup!

      Delete
  2. I never really saw the Cruella in Caro but I guess you knew better, I see it now, one more cup of water!!!

    I'm sure glad it's you and not me...

    I'll drink to that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you eat the last words of your blog? I'm smiling and I don't know why :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear boss,

      No I didn't eat those words... I was in too much of an hurry to go back to WORK! :)

      Delete
  4. Richard! ... thanks for posting about Malia's blog... Just went over to have a looksee... outstanding. What an inspiration. I hope she updates soon. She's from Austin and is going to spend the winter there. Austin is a favorite city of mine. I go there often. I'm half Texan... ;)

    Onward with your diet! you going to do before and after pictures! This is a journey I want to do with you... and yes water is a real biggy - I have no problem with that part - it's the freshly baked cinnamon rolls I have a problem with.

    Solution? stay away from the damned places that make freshly baked cinnamon rolls --- Starbucks and Panera Bread -- my two favorite hang out places -- have delicious ones... I really hate that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Carolyn,

      Before that Blog, she had her very own sites, she has link to them in her blog. Talk about inspiration... I kept thinking that if a single women, that had no experience, with no fix income, can do this lifestyle... it is open to anyone.

      Sometime lazyness is a quality - I am just too lazy to stop to those places where I would be tempted :)

      Pictures... one line I had at the bottom of my draft for this post was: "Do I insert pictures?" yes I will post pictures. Sorry no buns picture, might have one with my shirt open! ha ha ha

      Delete
  5. The Wicked Witch of the East dislikes water. Perhaps because people keep trying to drown her in it, and declaring her to be a witch when she fails to drown.

    The WWE also knows that the "drink 8 glasses of water" a day thing is a myth, and has sites to back her up:
    http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Health/20110715/water-drink-advice-mccartney-110717/

    http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

    http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2010/12/08/the-myth-behind-drinking-8-glasses-of-water-a-day/

    -- WWE

    ReplyDelete