Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Letter to my wife


Dear Christiane,

Christiane sharing her bed with dolls
This is a letter from your husband (Richard... do I need to remind you of this?). You might find it a little different, as I will also tell you things that you already know. It is NOT a bill for a rendered service or solicitation of any sort! So just sit down and relax. However, this is really personal, could you destroy this copy after reading it.

You were born in Mont-Laurier (Québec). Your mother, a French Canadian, and your Father, a Norwegian, were surely ecstatic of getting a third daughter, Jocelyne and Carmen being your old old older sisters. Could you keep this for yourself? In my personal opinion, YOU were the best of the three (note to self: do not expect anything from my sisters in law for a while :))).

Old Orchard Beach
I have been telling you this for ages, I was born before you, I have so much wisdom that I can splurge on you. Don’t get me wrong, I don't blame you, at the first breath you took... I had already discovered my fingers, my toes, and my willNotMentionItHere part.

No wolf :(
You followed my path and joined the military at 17. I don’t know how you followed; I didn’t even notice being followed… you are good! We met, you were still 17 and I was 18 (see that age difference keeps popping up!). We didn’t just “click”, I gave you some time to see my qualities… while you were looking really hard, I borrowed a book from you. You didn’t notice until I returned it and then gave me hell… to this day, you still haven’t said: “You are welcome.”

In December 1978, in a snow storm, in front of witnesses (not the one in the protection program nor the Jehovah), you said: “I do?”, or was it “I DO.”, could have been “I do!” the point being I walked in with a child and came out with a woman hahahahaha - I sure hope there are readers that appreciate what I do for them, I will pay a price for this… I might be poor for the rest of my life. 

We have been really lucky; we spent 2 tours in Germany. The first tour in Ramstein Air force base without any kid, and then a tour in Lahr with our kids. While in Europe, we had the opportunity of travelling from Italy to Norway. We travelled more in the 6 years in Europe than all the other years in North America combined. This is about to change, isn’t it?

Between the tours, we had time to have 2 children. You left the military to raise them. Possibly the best investment we did. Our kids are adults now, free will, successful at what they do, and with good hearts – Good job Mom!

If you don’t throw me out after this letter, I would love to see: the Grand-Canyon; the cave in Carlsbad; the Oregon coast; Carolyn’s dauphins in the Golf of Mexico; Alaska; the West Provinces; and Newfoundland… let me stop now with our bucket lists there are just too many items. As long you are there it should be so exciting.

Few years back, you started having small problem with your vision, you are now wearing glasses. I tried my best to help you… I gained weight so that you could see me better… there are no limits to the sacrifices I will do!
Me and you
You are a big part of the retirement plan, I am not just talking about the incomeJ or proof reading the blog; you will always be my best friend and my love.

Lovingly your husband,

Richard

P.S. What’s for supper???

If you are smiling… keep it up!

7 comments:

  1. So, you’re sticking to that story that you “borrowed” my book? :) I wonder if there is a statute of limitation on that…

    As for the age difference, I do beg the difference! You are only 55 days older and as we all know, women are more mature than men so I’m the wise one…

    I should be allowed to do a posting about you, on your blog. Oh the pictures I could show the world… How about it, on your birthday, you let me post about you on your blog?

    Funny how it turned out that you are also my love and best friend.

    I'm still smiling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don’t take anything personally Cricket… I am no Jimmy!

      I hold myself to a high standard of being honest and staying with the facts so… it is not a “story” about the book!

      No you won’t need to write on my blog… I save you from that, on my birthday… you will be too busy cooking my cake and shopping for presentsssss.

      I could have delete your comment (soooo much power!), but because there might be other man reading this and they are thinking about being
      “nice” to their love one… I keep it as a warning to them… see how wise I am!

      In your comment, you forget to address a very important question, so what’s for supper?

      Love

      Delete
  2. sigh ... I hope you both realize how precious your relationship is. I have never known and I'm 99% sure I will never know a relationship with such love and fun .... fun! --- crave it

    poor me ;)

    Nice to finally meet you Cricket... love the nickname... must be a story there too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice meeting you too Carolyn. I feel like I already know you a bit. Maybe we’ll meet in person someday during our travelling… If only I could get Richard to listen to my directions… :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.... right. If Joe ever listened to anything I said much less directions ... I'd .. well, I don't know what I'd do... ;)

    Wouldn't that be fun! I would love to meet you two, too ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey just a moment ladies... This is MY blog!

      I give the direction... Also maybe the last thing I want is to have my wife meeting MY Mrs. Robinson Ha ha ha

      Delete
  5. awwwww... we Mrs. Robinsons like wives. We just want the fun... the wives do the heavy duty stuff... ;)

    ReplyDelete