Tagline

This is not an express route. Where ever my mind travels to, the blog will ride shotgun.
This journey is mainly fuelled by humour!

Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

It’s all about me

Once upon a time, it was around May 5th 1959, my mom and my dad were talking. - Now if you are a child or one of my daughters, you might want to skip to the end of this paragraph. My dad turns to my mom and said: "Hey good looking what about you leave the dishes for later and we do it" My mom answered: "NO!" you have to understand my mom was not a 'Yes' person... then on the 6th, my dad tired of a long day at the Tavern went to bed. Our home had not enough room so my mom, once the dishes was cleaned, when also to the same ROOM, they fell asleep and the day after that I was in a waiting room for, give or take few days, 9 months... See contrary to rumours, there is still only one person that was created without their parents sleeping in the same bed and it wasn't me! (I know that's bad, I might retire from life in a real warm place!)

Now this is a sensitive subject to me, please do not think less of me than you already do... Most people are talking about the day they were born... I was NOT born during the day; I was born during the night! There you go, I have been hiding this from everyone, you are the first to know. It feel soooo good to be out of MY closet!

So, the night that I was born, my life changed forever... like all of you, I was not wearing anything, not even a smile! I know that we share this, and I also know that we all gone fit in a very small bucket at one point... this is my way to tell you that I don't care who you are, where you are from, who's your Daddy, your car or mother in law can be bigger than mine, you can be a women, a men, old, young, light or heavy weight, you can believe or not in God, Buddha, Allah or any thing, you can be gay, hetero, both or none as long you can smile, as long you don't take every thing too seriously, as long you are a decent person I will be glad to hear from you. I am not a judgemental person, I am NOT perfect, I have done my share of mistakes and will probably do few more before fitting into the bucket. One thing I should mentioned, I love mocking every one equally, ME first, if you feel hurt by any of my comments, please write to me, it is not my intention to make anyone feel bad, I am only intending to keep you (and me) smiling.

Now I will skip ahead, I know all of you want to hear about my childhood, I was loved by everyone, I played and eat sand, my playground was by the Monmorency Falls in Québec, I am a French Canadian, I have 3 brothers (we are all 6 years apart - told you my mom is not a 'yes' person), and bla bla bla.

I am really intelligent, as a matter of fact, on the momsa scale a score of 155 and above is considered a genius, I tested 156, to accomplish that I took the test 4 times, and I added all the result 40, 40, 40 and 38 (so simple to us genius!). I was really surprise with the lower score of the last test, by that time I knew all the questions, but, I learned since that you should learned the answers -really useful lesson for life.

Now I will try to inserted a picture (but I am new to this and might end up doing things that any male should not do... ask help or worse read the instruction, this is not a picture of me, but it is what I was working on when I joined the military. I was a teletype technician. When I joined, the equipment was mainly gears, levels, and grease/oiled. On a good day in perfect order, the teletype could spit 50 words per minutes. Some twist minds might say that it is the dinosaur of emails. I served 18 years. I had the opportunity to go to Germany twice, once at Ramstein American Air Force base (often mentioned in news and also the airport where Airforce one was trying to land in the movie of the same name) the other time at Lahr. That last posting was short (3 fun filled years). I had such a good time the government decided that the only way of them to kick me out of there was to close the base.



Now, I am working for the government (if you can't beat them, joined them!). My wife and I planed to retired Nov 1st 2013. There you go, it is out there for the whole world to see, now could I back down without loosing any credibility. We will be almost 54 years old at retirement. The plan is to become RV fulltimer. I will be going through the plan with this blog in following posts and described the steps we are taking.

If you are smiling… life is great!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I see you added a counter at the top of the screen... You are a genius!

    ReplyDelete